1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Born Again Corosometer

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Quakefire, 14 Feb 2003.

1. Quakefire

Quakefire What's a Dremel?

This device started its life looking for rust inside oil pipelines. Now its been gutted and turned into a slack box. The comp inside doesn't have much, only a 686 with a 20gig hdd. Will be net capable. Can anyone help me fill that gaping hole in the front?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. zackerouac

zackerouac bring it

fan, grill, lcd, cd, dvd? :eyebrow:

3. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

What a cool find... I love this sort of thing... my first vote would be a LCD display but an optical drive would be good too. Welcome to the boards... look forward to seeing progress on this.. :rock:

4. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

If you want to keep it old school looking an O-Scope style display on a TFT LCD would look awsome.

5. Quakefire

Ideas

I believe what i am going to do is to put a plexi window in the front hole, and at a 45 degree angle from the from left corner of the case to the far right of the powersource have a plexi mirror angling a persons vision to the motherboard, i'll put a blue cold cathode below the window so light comes throught the purple filter from the old vfd. Comments?

Last edited: 25 Feb 2003
  6. IceColdFever

IceColdFever What's a Dremel?

is it just me or is that mobo need to rotate 180 degrees?

Other than that, nice idea with the mirror.

7. Quakefire

Don't Think So

I pit the motherboard in the way because I had this slot in the front from an old control panel, and it happened to be the perfect size so the mobo had its connections to the front. Thx For your feedback, i think the mirror will look cool too