1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Wireless N PCI-E x1 Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IronDoc, 12 May 2011.

1. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

Hi
    As in title, can anyone recommend a decent wireless n PCIe card. Nothing too expensive, assuming the slightly cheaper ones aren't rubbish.

2. mkb

mkb Minimodder

3. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

4. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

See that's the sort of thing I'm hoping to avoid. Given their price, I think I may as well stick with the dongle I'm using until I see a good deal on an N router.
    Cheers for the replies anyway :thumb:

5. Publ!c Enemy

Publ!c Enemy or Richard for short

I actually have that one, and before that i had a dongle. The dongle was plain unreliable and it annoyed me. The one given above is much better, I put it straight in, just used the CD in the box never had any problems since. And it connects over quite a distance. Then again that might be why the dongle failed sooo bad:)

6. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

7. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I read over on SmallNetBuilder.com that a good solution is to get a mini-PCIe-to-PCIe adapter and then go for something like a Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 6300 NIC. (Just found the links with a Google search, so there might be better offers out there.)

Sounds cumbersome, but apparently should be one of the best WiFi solutions available (the Intel card).