1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding White Case....

Discussion in 'Modding' started by longweight, 14 May 2011.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Hi All,

planning my first PC build and I am really thinking about making it something special :)

I have initially been looking at the Corsair 650D with the usual i7 2600K etc... But I would like to have a white inner to the case as nearly all the builds I see are black.

So my question is could anyone recommend a white case? It needs to have a white inside too and still have excellent cooling.

Has anyone painted the PSU case? Is it safe to remove this and get it painted?

Any help would be great!

Long

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

NZXT do a white case, i forget the exact model now but its pretty good and has excellent cable management.

3. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don What's a Dremel?

4. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Above case isnt white inside, its black still.

It does seem to be hard to find cases with white insides, most people on here have stripped and powdercoated (got coated) themselves, me included.

ot keen on black case insides either, will keep googling for you, see what i can find.

5. Nanosec

Nanosec absit iniuria verbis

If you do things properly, anything can be done safely (well almost anything I guess). Make sure it's been off for a while and/or lookup how to properly short out the capacitors after you take the cover off. Make sure to protect the 'guts' while the cover is off at the shop etc.

I haven't searched through here, but I recall some previous discussions about modding the PSU to run without a case inside of the PC case to make more room.

Hope this helps

Nano

6. bdigital

7. L-Set

L-Set What's a Dremel?

8. bdigital

9. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Ahh I do love the R3 and I very nearly went for it but then I found the 650D Corsair case with the side panel window and that was the reason I wanted to make the inside look awesome, the R3 has no window :(

The Phantom does have the white inner but I am not sure about the external styling!

Thanks for all your help guys.

Long

10. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

They (who ever they are) say leave the PSU off for 2 weeks that's enough time for it to discharge.