1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress *** PHINIX NANO TOWER *** --- MOTY 2011 nomination !!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by phinix, 9 Nov 2009.

1. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

Just voted and I love how this little cutie ends up. I´m thinking of building an Z68 mITX build just because of you, congrats!

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Excellent work mate. It looks brilliant. It sort of assaults my senses this thing does, I know it's small but it looks like it should be about 3 feet tall because of the design. Any one else get this or is it just me...lol

Any way, top modding dude.

3. Nocturin

Nocturin What's a Dremel?

Fantastic

I've been lurking around BT forever. This has been my favorite scratch build to date, such attention to detail must be rewarded.

You sir, have been voted for! Break a leg, rep the SFF to the max!

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys, this is amazing, how many of you like my Tower! :jawdrop:

Thank you all so much for your comments, I'm so happy you all like it - I was a bit worried that at the end you just gonna say "yeah.. ok.. small tower.. nice.. next please!" :hehe:
    This is so encouraging and makes me so proud when see all of you watched my project from the beginning to the end, commenting on every update I made. I have no words to describe this feeling:blush:

I want to thank you all who already voted for me and all that will vote for next two weeks:D
    Spreadie, I know, sometimes this confirmation email doesn't show up, or comes up few days after.

It is a bit silly that you need to click on that link they sent to activate your vote, but this is how they made it, so thank you all again for taking that time to vote for my Tower.

Thanks Kovoet - yes, like you said, I am proud, I wasn't building it, but after I saw how many peeps here and other forums loved it I was shocked, overwhelmed and then I realised that this Tower must be something good that you all love it:) After all this, I feel proud:blush:

I know John! I can't believe it too! How could THIS take me 18 months to build?!! :hehe::hehe:
    Thanks, I'm happy you like it!:)

Thanks Cheaps! I love your translation skills !!! :D

Thank you! I will make photos with some reference items to show the size of it. Something similar to that photo I made when had the main frame done, with bottle of Coke in it.

Thanks Ben! Hey, that is your lighting!!!:thumb:

Guess what?! I just realised I didn't plug in the top lights!:eeek: Shocking! I need to do it when I 'll make new photos. The top acrylic bit is filled up with 3mm leds! I was so hurrying that missed this plug. I used about 20 small 2-pin plugs in it!

Thank you! As I mentioned, I will make photos with some reference objects to show the perspective. It really doesn't look that big, but when you think about how many things are squeezed inside, then it become so SMALL! :D

Again, thank you all so much !!!:clap:
    Now I'm sure you going to like final photos!:thumb:

5. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Awesome work my friend!!:clap:

6. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

You got my vote. Excellent work!

:D

7. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

Cant wait to see final pics :D

8. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

That is an amazing little unit, love all the hard work that's gone into it a lot, very well done :thumb:

9. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

[​IMG]

It's beautiful. Awesome work as always by phinix.

10. wratterus

wratterus What's a Dremel?

Great work man, just read the thread front to back - epic effort. Can't wait for the final pic update. Mod on! :rock:

11. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys, thank you all for your votes!!!

Thank you very much! It must have take you a bit to read the whole thing:) I'm happy you liked it:D

Thanks Bill:)

I know I know, I'm here - didn't forget:)
    I'm just extremely busy, I had to clean up the whole attic after last 4 years of modding:D
    Next mod I will do will be made in new shed I'm planning to buy in some point.

We have some nice sunny days this week in Scotland, if it keeps the same next week I may finally get my Tower out for a walk, maybe few drinks, a dinner... and when she gets less shy I will take some glamour shots:D

I also want to change something in it, just a small mod of the mod:) I added some nice black cable holders for all led wires and going to re-build water loop for GPU. Small re-organisation, nothing serious;)

Last edited: 6 Jun 2011
  12. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to the next update as ever!
    It's all about the sheds by the way! Let me know if you fancy building your own. Our office is custom built shed with under floor heating and double glazing.

13. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Uuu, that sounds nice. I wish I could build my own, single brick wall, like a garage or similar. However can't afford it, don't want to spend tousands of pounds on it.
    I was thinking about some good isolated wooden one.. I would like to have some strong shed that I can keep my tools in and it won't cover with rust after first year - Scotland is a really WET country:)

14. Mystikal0412

Mystikal0412 Safety First, Think Twice!

Phinix, love your mod! The yellow and black is very nice combination! Looking forward to the glamour shots!

15. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

What are the exact dimensions? I'm planning my next build but being a tad lazy.

16. IcyAero

IcyAero What's a Dremel?

From what I'm guessing, 220x250x350 (width x depth x lenght)
    Tell us phinix, if I even got close. :hehe:

17. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Main frame is 20x20x40cm. Top and bottom acrylic panels are 22x22x1cm

18. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

Still awaiting those glam shots!

19. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Hello everyone! Just wanted to tell you not to worry about those final shots, I still have them in mind and will do them as soon as possible.
    Small explanation what is happening: When I finished the Tower After one day I have noticed that there was a leak between reservoir combo and pump, so had to take it all apart. To fix it I had to go for different reservoir, non-combo version, but this pulled more changes. I had to reorganise pump stand and middle cover for power chamber. Everything is done, I just need to put it al together and do photos. Unfortunately I don't have time for anything, being very busy with "home stuff". It has been a month already but all I managed to do is to fix this leak problem. Tower is alive and working 24/7, however rear panel is separated from the Tower and gpu loop is taken outside. I need to put it all together first, then will make photos.
    So, if you guys would like to see more photos of Nano Tower, please be patient, I will show them ASAP. Thanks for staying with me and waiting! :D

20. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Just send the little bugger to this adress, and i will take the photos and return it (lol)

Mr. p0Pe
    Holystreet 19
    1337 lolville
    Roflmark

:D Authentic adress!