1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Project: L3p D3sk - Bit-Tech Mod Of The Year 2011 Winner.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by l3p, 1 Nov 2010.

1. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Thanks a very lot guys !! :)

haha what the f.. :eyebrow: :blush: :lol:

2. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

3. chachee01

chachee01 What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one who cant see the images in the original posts? Maybe they get removed after a few months?

4. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

Scamming the coolermaster competition votes with reddit, classy man, classy indeed

5. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

Aye. Images are nuked/screwed up. PMing OP to see if he can fix it.

:p

6. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Well why not use it :)
    My host got overloaded cause of Reddit, so used the hi res pictures from another host there.
    Somehow they all know how to find the buildlogs.

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Agreed.

Heres why this method shouldn't be done since you see no wrong in it, if you get away with doing that type of vote rally campaigning to the unfamiliar then that sets a really crappy trend for mod comps on that CM contest & here with MOTM & MOTY, if people do this weak kind of play & get away with it then quality mods won't get the attention they should be getting while mods of very basic calibur get it all, I'm not saying this is crap or anything, I was impressed at first so you'd have done perfectly well without doing lame sheet like that & would have kept my respect & others & instead of writing this I'd be saying congrats for the front page :thumb: but it's gone after playing it like that, it doesn't send a good message to other modders, modding forums have really decent intelligent creative people in them so when someone takes a dump on them like this it's not nice.

Rather than getting votes from people who already know about modding & appreciate what it's about you showed it to people who don't seem to have a clue about modding so they were naturally blown away by it.

You started it off as if it was someone else who spotted it blagging them but creeped in there to answer them so they was highly amazed so you caught a ton of p easy votes, not so sure it's scamming but it is lame & greedy & borderline cheating, maybe it is straight up cheating, I know very well I could rally around places to get a ton of people to vote if I was slimey like that but I prefer to let natural selection happen from the ones who frequent the forums, it lets you know the true worth of how much something is liked.

It's good the votes only count for 30% of the decisions else you'd probably win the competition when there are way better mods on display there, I can think of at least 10 far better mods on there so you was worried when you didn't need to be as I'm sure you'd have got plenty of votes anyway & you resorted to lame tactics.

Yes, I'm disapointed.

Hmmm I voted correct on the MOTM you was in when I picked Kyubu.

And if this is me being a dick :hehe: I can't help it sometimes, but c'mon he didn't even see the wrong in it which is why I couldn't stop myself :rolleyes:.

8. Memnoch-fr

Memnoch-fr What's a Dremel?

Amazing work. I was thinking about how this could be done the other day and up pops your mod on the BT front page. And also not as easy as I thought ... back to the drawing board for me

9. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

From the contest rules.....

If you plan to do self promotion of your mod:

* Absolutely no benefits can be involved for either you or any voter.
    * Your promotion cannot be too extensive to a point that it bothers/annoys other CM Forum members or our Facebook fans.

They disqualified five people in the last contest for "extensive promotion". It was BS but they did it. That should answer your question "Why not?"

10. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

I saw people on all forums in their buildlogs asking for votes etc. :(

Listen i can´t help it being put everywhere with pictures.
    I didn´t even know my pictures was on Reddit, i didnt even know the site.
    2 hours after it was put there some1 told me, so i registered there.
    Also answered some questions.
    Didn´t know by then it would get that much viewers.
    So i thought, why not ask for votes, whats wrong in that.
    Then this morning it scared me what happened.
    My site with pictures is still down.
    But had to go to work, there i edited the post on reddit with my mobile.

11. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

It's a difficult thing. Coolermaster wants traffic that only a popular vote can bring. We as contestants just want a fair fight. The 30/70 thing is a great idea but maybe they should lower the pop vote further and take off ALL restrictions. I didn't pimp the vote in 2009 (nor this one) and I won my category in that contest. It was a great feeling to win that way. It will be OK too when I lose this one. Peace.

12. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Well i mailed them and explained everything.
    If i get disqualified for this after so much hard work so be it :(

13. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

You had built yourself a great modded rig that spoke for itself...

I'll say no more but you will have lost a lot of respect in the eyes of most for doing that :sigh:

14. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

And what about promoting the contest in all buildlogs like crazy's, naming it in the project title's, till even asking Startrek fansite forums for votes ? (Love your build btw Asphiax but you know that!)

I did remove the link to the cm contest, but it was much too late.
    A sorry won't do so i don't know what else i can say about it.

15. TotalGaos

TotalGaos Stainless steel.. hmm..

Well I'm with l3p, if it already is on Reddit, and the huge traffic is taking your own site down, then in my opinion you can mention that the build is in a contest.
    Also, everyone going to the website is able to view the other mods. So it also is promoting the contest and generating more exposure for Cooler Master. Nothing wrong with that, right?

OT: When are you going to fix your pictures? I didn't even get the change to check the build out, before I stumbled into this discussion.

16. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Pictures fixed !

17. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

I don't think you or anybody else has done anything wrong. Gathering votes for a popular vote contest is certainly within the rules. The issue here is the meaning of "excessive promoting" and how that is interpreted. I was surprised they left that rule in after all the flack that CM caught for exercising it last year.

18. jj_sky5000

jj_sky5000 Minimodder

#1 your rig is awesome .

#2 I think you will be just fine !!!!

"annoys other CM Forum members or our Facebook fans."

Your not doing any of those things by your rig getting promoted it popular vote so let it be popular

19. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Being wrong or not, this has taught me to post links on Reddit for pretty much all future worklogs of mine. ;)

20. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Oh, except for those that will take place in compos, of course. ;)

Tags: