1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Samsung MD230X3 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 20 May 2011.

1. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

thanks Bit-tech, i would have bought Samsung's 3x1 product (if had the cash) if not for your advice.

2. legoyoda

legoyoda What's a Dremel?

Aimed at professional use but runs with a 16:9 (over a 16:10) ratio screen? Yeah..... I'll pass on that 1200 is the MINIMUM vertical resolution any monitor should have. if you want only 1080p use a TV.....

3. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I tend not to use multiscreen for gaming - for me, merely peripheral vision isn't worth the vast increase in power usage, cost and demand for multi-GPU setups - and for general office work, I've always found three landscape screens a waste of time - few programs demand a whole landscape screen, and I always get the sense I'm wasting money and power for no real gain. I prefer one big landscape, and one or two smaller portraits for reading A4 pages, etc.

Just out of interest, what's the current lottery-win screen? My budget 2009W TN is fine for gaming, but I could use a nice Full HD screen for films and the like. No need for it to be more than 22-24" - I sit quite close to it.

What's the current dream screen?

4. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

the U2311H is one of the best buys right now for a IPS monitor. Its not quite as color accurate as an S-IPS monitor such as a U2410 (and after reading the above about it being 6-bit+FRC I can now see why) but its also much cheaper and you still get the view angles that an IPS panel provided. I'm actually quite disappointed that it e-ips is a 6-bit panel, but you then have to balance the price/performance ratio for what you want. Maybe I should look into moving all my photo work back to the old 2001fp...

5. Goty

Goty Minimodder

I used one of these at a local electronics retailer (has a 6870 CF setup running BLOPS) and I didn't notice any ghosting or input lag at all, so I'm not sure what the deal is with your review unit or the display at the store.

6. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

The 16:9 ratio makes logical sense. Since a large portion of TV shows and many movies are being released at that ratio, owning a 16:9 monitor is preferable in my opinion. Most of the modern games I've purchased support the 16:9 ratio. I agree that the current height of 1080 does suck compared to 1200, but that will not always be the case. Remember, we are just talking about ratios here when it comes to monitor sizes. Enevitably 1080 will become 2160 and so on. There needs to be a standard and from what I've seen, the 16:10 ratio is being phased out by the manufactures.

I do like Samsung products, but I agree with the points made in the article. Personally though, I think multi-monitor solutions, are for a select few consumers. I'll stick with my single screens for now.

PC: Samsung 23" LED 16:9 1080p
    TV: Samsung 40" LCD 16:9 1080p

7. 63jax

63jax What's a Dremel?

IPS from Samsung???? maybe S-PVA dude...

8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Last I checked Samsung didn't do IPS panels...

Should that rather be S-PLS or cPVA by any chance?

Bah! Ninja'ed by almost 8 hours...

9. bnicholls195

bnicholls195 What's a Dremel?

10. bnicholls195

bnicholls195 What's a Dremel?

11. jakall78

jakall78 What's a Dremel?

12. pizzanbeer

pizzanbeer What's a Dremel?

I hope Samsung learns from this and make a new and better one.

13. karx11erx

karx11erx What's a Dremel?

Waaaaaay too expensive for what it offers. Get three HP 24" 1920x1200 S-IPS monitors and hook them to your EyeFinity card - that will save you around 40% of the price and will give you more screen estate, a better resolution and better image quality. Given such an advantage, the wider bezels would be acceptable.

Tags: Add Tags