1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Project: L3p D3sk - Bit-Tech Mod Of The Year 2011 Winner.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by l3p, 1 Nov 2010.

1. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Small update :p

Had a Q-pad CT for 4 years and was still very happy with it.
    But i just needed a smaller one so ordered a Q-pad UC small.
    But somehow it doesn't registrate my mx510 and mionix anymore that good.
    Contacted Mionix and they wanted to send me a mousepad for on the plexi plate !

Thanks Peter & Richard !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going to cut it this way i guess.

[​IMG]

And almost done !
    Still need to make the edges a little more rounded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ordered something at work, they use it for small 9-30V motors on ships etc.
    Im very curious about it how it will work.
    I want to use it for the 2 D5 pumps later.

[​IMG]

This way i can use 2 Bulgin momentary switches to set the speed from 10% till 100%
    Also when it's powered off and on, it will remember the last speed setting.

[​IMG]

2. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

3. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Well i could try this vor 30 euro :)
    And also, i will never need to run on 24V with 2 pumps, scared the pipes/tubes will pop out :p
    But thanks for the info, if it doesnt work ill have to try this :)

4. domthecondom

domthecondom Noob Modder

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

It's a slight pickle for me, I love making things since frustratingly figuring out how to do things with my first case I'm not so big on modding I enjoy creating a case from the ground up plain & then modding that much more & I enjoy a great pc & like checking out other peoples creations & mods then going on to do more & progressively get better at it & putting more effort into it once realising it actually does take quite a bit to make something to a very nice standard.

But I've been getting more than a little wrapped up in the competition part of it all & like to see fairness when it comes to the comps, so sorry for being a bit harsh & a bit of a dick Pete but from now on I'm going to ignore competition related stuff when it comes to modding as it's sometimes boll**s as in this CM2011 & can make me pi**y, getting angry doesn't go so well for modding, & I'm certainly not an angry type but of course there are things that p me off in the world sometimes but I'm not so familiar with getting pi**y with anything modding related other than when I used to get envious about cnc mods lol :D but I don't anymore, an awesome mod is an awesome mod :clap::D.

You have to be focused, driven & bright, competitions throw the focus & bright thoughts, being underdog feeds drive to keep trying harder & I seem to like that aspect of modding :D (pushing to do better than the last effort).

Anyway as I said when I first seen this creation I like it a lot & still do, but ultimately with the voting sham in the cm2011 comp it's made me completely turn off from mod comps that rely on internet votes I will take zero interest in them from now since gathering hoards of voters is an acceptable thing in them & I'll forget about me having a problem with you, no point in being a total knob myself :D.

Mod on :thumb:.

6. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Congratulations on making it on LifeHacker :thumb:.

7. Nutman

Perhaps compos should only allow votes from modders that have posted so and so many posts in the modding parts on the big modding sites, to prove that those votes come from only modders and not fanboys/girls found on various non.modding related websites? Or something like that - must be possible.

8. [- pio -]

[- pio -] Minimodder

So… You made Top Stories on Engadget! Congrats :D

9. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Well im really glad you cleared that up :lol:
    I really did remove the voting link from reddit specailly cause of your post.
    That by mobile when i was at work :)
    Thanks a lot man !

Really incredible what happened today.
    The internet scares me :p

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:lol: Yeah I have to say I was also amazed at the response of it being on reddit (I never even heard of reddit before this lol) I noticed someone even commented on spotting a landline & finding it funny :lol::confused:.
    1283 votes just wow :lol: but I would have liked to know what votes you'd have got without overkill support, shame as I'm pretty sure it would have done fine without it & there is still 8 days left :hehe:, it just looks ridiculas compared to the support of others :lol::duh:.

11. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Then the Gingerbread House would have had the most votes :)
    Where does he get his 700 votes ?!

12. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

yeah that gingerbread house is bullcrap. It may have a computer inside but I made a cooler bigger one when I was 12...

13. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Last edited: 21 May 2011
  14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

True mate, you weren't the only 1 boosting votes, it's a tough 1 I agree getting decent support for something that's an original & not based on something already popular, could almost say fair play really but still can't lol, it's like if say Gtek or AnG3L did the same type of thing or many of the others I'm quite sure they would have got a heck of a lot more votes than they have so it's just better & nicer to let it happen naturally.

That ginger bred house, now that is a real sham it really takes the mick out of the contest :duh:.

Good you got your site fixed up :thumb:.

15. Nutman

Well, I guess somebody ought to do a little diggin' to see where the Gingerbread creator gets all the votes from, then?

16. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

He works in a cake factory??? :hehe:

Edit - Sorry poor humour

17. Nutman

Nah, his mother is the evil witch from the Hansel and Gretchen fairytale!

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

lol

He entered the comp with his cake pc & booooooosted the votes to "try" & win & then he'll eat it & then make a real pc with the prizes in a standard case my guess.
    Probably had it made at a cake shop as well but I don't understand that picture of a pack of guys stood around it, are they modding it for better air flow by eating it :lol:.

It's a shame internet votes don't work sometimes especially in big competitions involving good prizes, seems there is a real need for quality completely unbiased judges who understand engineering, art & what makes a good pc.

19. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I like it & nice final pictures, aint nothing gonna change the fact that this is an awesome desk pc :):thumb:.

Just a touch of newb netiquette with gathering a boost of votes is the only thing I wasn't keen on, other than that though mate, very sweet desk pc :rock::D.

Tags: