1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F@H v7 all-in-one client beta

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by RedFlames, 3 May 2011.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

2. Haphestus

Haphestus ....the folding under dog

Cheers Dude,

I spotted this a week ago and tried it but it wouldn't recognise GT440 :(

So I am having to use GPU tracker at the moment.

I would like to say it the F@H client did recognise my ATI cards.......... -.- Good job F@H are white listing the most important cards first...WTF!

If it did work for me i would be using it as I do like the interface. Mind you the PPD estimates etc.. were a bit buggy for me. It showed 0 PPD, and a P4 can even do better than that :D

3. Leroyingo

Leroyingo What's a Dremel?

I am using the client as its easy to use. Unfortunately as Haphestus mention the PPD doesnt work well and shows nothing on GPU's. Hopefully they will either sort it out for the next one or HFM will be able to monitor it soon. I started using this client as some of the others would crash my computer if I wanted to pause a client to do something on the computer. It seems fairly good although sometimes it does crash the Nvidea drivers, but they restart themselves again after a few seconds.

4. holzj17

holzj17 What's a Dremel?

just a quick question on the client as have just installed it, and it started automatically whilst i was adding the advanced and bigadv flags. i noticed that it downloaded the a5 core, is that correct? or should it be the a5? if so how would i go about changing it to the a5 core?

thanks (sorry if the question is abit noobish)

5. RedFlames

If memory serves a5 is the bigadv core, at worst you'll do one regular SMP before bigadv kicks in.

btw the flags have changed since v6, more info here

Last edited: 18 May 2011
  6. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

The new V7 software looks great! I will try it out when my current CPU client finishes its WU tomorrow sometime.

Anyone else switching over to the new software?

7. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Waiting till it comes out of beta (however long that may be :D)

8. Dave_Goodchild

Dave_Goodchild Another CPC refugee

I'm testing it on a couple of machines at the moment but I can't really switch over the farm without the update to HFM which I rely on for monitoring.

9. SazBard

Well I've started off the GPU client or "slot" as they are calling it now.

No PPD figures, and before I would use HFM to go straight to my EOC user stats page which I can't do at the moment though strangely they provide the option for the EOC team stats page...

I am waiting for the SMP client to finish up and move that over as well, didn't get around to stopping it earlier.

EDIT: And I just noticed it doesn't have any figures for Credit, probably why it can't work out PPD.

Last edited: 21 May 2011
  10. RedFlames

IIRC that's a problem at the server end rather than with the client, but it is annoying

11. SazBard

oh dear. it won't download any new work, it's just sitting there doing nothing :-/

EDIT: Nevermind, both slots just started....

Last edited: 21 May 2011
  12. Looney

Looney CPC Asylum Seeker

I have been trying this thing for the last 5 hours(both 32 bit and 64 bit) and have just uninstalled it as a waste of my time.
    I could get the smp working easy enough, but, i do not want to run smp currently!
    I want to run a nvid gts250 in slot 2 of MB and a nvid 460 on slot 0.
    For whatever reason, it sees the two cards.... even gives them the correct type of units.....
    But i think it is not correctly reading which slot is for which card, and therefore fails before it starts. On the other clients i use, i can set them to -gpu 1, or gpu 0 etc.... with this thing i have failed..... looks great potential if they can iron out the flaws.
    Loons

13. RedFlames

Did you choose to install it as a service? that causes the GPU client to throw UNSTABLE_MACHINE errors, to get it to work you have to tell it to star with the monitor app, or start it manually. if that's not the cause, you may want to report it to stanford [they can't fix it if they don't know about it]

EDIT: also you may want try running one GPU slot [with it set to -1, so it should pick up GPU 0, the 460], and when that's up and running, add a second slot for the 250

14. Looney

Looney CPC Asylum Seeker

thanks Red,
    I will give these suggestions a try!
    I really would like to get this thing working.... could be a breakthrough in the ease of my folding.
    Loons

15. Leroyingo

Leroyingo What's a Dremel?

Otherwise Looney, you could try the FAH GPU Tracker V2 which seems to be a lot easier to use then the W7 client. I am running one of my machines with the W7 and the other on tracker 2. Both seem to work very well, but the tracker is simpler, it has all the tags in there already all you have to do it tick or untick.

Oh and it also works with the folding monitors, and gives you actual PPD including the bonus.

16. Haphestus

Haphestus ....the folding under dog

I use this as well, as the Stanford client wouldn't see my GT440 at all. Its not popular in this team for a couple of reasons but, it works for me and a few others so i cant see why you shouldn't give it a shot.

http://www.overclock.net/overclock-net-folding-home-team/739408-fah-gpu-tracker-v2.html

above is the link.

17. Looney

Looney CPC Asylum Seeker

Thanks lads.....

I have gone for the Tracker! What with work i do not really have the time to be spending hours trying to get the program working. ALTHOUGH..... one thing i think the TRACKER misses and what the new clint adds is a CPU limiter...... too possibly slow down the rate at which the gpu's work at. This is handy for me, an element of the original standard gpu client.... can slow the rate at which an individual gpu folds at if it gets too hot, for those of us with the hairblower approach too case cooling. :wallbash:

Loons :rock:

18. holzj17

holzj17 What's a Dremel?

another quick question:

i got round to adding a gpu slot today and every time it came back with unstable_machine (122)

thing is i haven't changed any settings in the oc of my gpu's and they worked fine with the standard gpu3 client. any reason why this could be happening?

19. RedFlames

did you install the client as a service? that causes the GPU to throw UNSTABLE_MACHINE? if you have, reinstall it and tell it to start with FAHControl or Start Manually

20. holzj17

holzj17 What's a Dremel?

as far as i am aware it is not installed as a service and set to start with FAHcontrol. the clients reach anywhere between 1-6% before throwing that up and starting again. is it maybe worth downloading the gpu3 client and trying that alongside v7?