1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows g15 error

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by deathtaker27, 23 May 2011.

1. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

apologies for no capital letters, having some issues with my keyboard

okay keyboard is spamming numberpad 0 constantly, reason i know it is this is when i turn nums lock off it stops, however it is still trying to spam it

also shift has become ctrl v or some other form of paste [i cant use a plus for obvious reasons or normal brackets]

tried rebooting the pc and making sure the keyboard is fine which it is, so any ideas on how to fix this one guys [question mark ment to go here]

thank you very much in advanced

dt

Last edited: 23 May 2011
  2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Have u tried using the keyboard on another pc or laptop to rule out it being some sort of virus (probably not seeing as numlock is making a difference).

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

If the results is the same on a different PC, contact Logitech.
    If you have the bill of your keyboard purchase, you should not need to send them anything, they will quickly deliver you a bran new keyboard in it's retail box :) If you lost the bill of purchase, they will ask you to send the USB connector wire which you will need to cut off form your keyboard, and send that to them as proof of purchase.

The call to Logitech is quick and painless. Their service is above and beyond.

However, usually these kind of problem is due that you spill something on the keyboard... which is not covered under warranty. Did you spill anything on the keyboard. If so, then you will need to disassemble the keyboard (as there is no more warranty for it), and clean the keyboard and the circuit layer sheets

4. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

no spills but all the keys are now fixed except for the fact that I have no working "G" keys :(

5. GoodBytes

Ok well call Logitech :)

My experience was an answer after the second ring.... I explained my problem, they asked me what I tried, including if I tried on a different system and USB port, they asked my address, name, e-mail, product Number (see under Logitech product for: PiD or P/N number), give him to the person, and voila, they told me they will ship me a new product... and 2-3 days later I got it in the mail.

Consumer Report blog site: The Consumerist, has many similar stories, even stories of Logitech replacing products out of warranty (due to time), or replacing full surround system because of a broken speaker, or even purchased from someone else. PLEASE don't take advantage of their service. I like Logitech service, and don't want it to change. I wish all manufactures where like this.. or at least for their high-end models products.

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

shouldn't that be please do take advantage of their great customer service, just don't take the piss

7. russ555

russ555 What's a Dremel?

How long is the warranty on logitech stuff? the standard 1 year?

8. GoodBytes

2 year on speakers, 3 year on keyboard and mouse, for Canada/US (should be the same for everywhere else).

If you passed the warranty, and is not like something ridiculous, like 6 years ago, they can close their eyes on this, which is cool.
    If the warranty is passed, you can send them proof of purchase, and they give you a 30-50% rebate (try and negotiate, of course) on anything you buy directly on Logitech website. More reasons why Logitech is awesome.

9. russ555

russ555 What's a Dremel?

That is indeed pretty sweet.

10. CyCoLeS

CyCoLeS If it ain't broke...give it to me

uninstall/reinstall the logitech software then make sure the G-series key profiler is running (check via the logitech lcd manager)

11. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

yeah its all working enough for my liking, i have my g-keys up and running and everything is okay so im not fussed overly about the screen :)