1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision doubts Battlefield 3 console performance

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jun 2011.

1. Dosvedagna

Dosvedagna Justice!

Further Translation "I played BF2 once and it was awesome. As CEO of Activision it is now my job to publicly **** my pants".

Cant wait for BF3

2. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

Its not only about money, its about keeping your fans happy to- Which DICE seem to be doing! Congrats to them making BF3 to the top of their game! Worry about console ports another time, or on the new hardware that'll be out next year...

3. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

4. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

The second they start attacking you, you know they are worried.

5. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

6. Ross1

Ross1 What's a Dremel?

7. SighMoan

SighMoan What's a Dremel?

8. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Yeah but he also worded the PC market as being a small portion of potential sales :( sad too hear that coming from carmack.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/08/e...age-the-pc-and-gamma-corrected-anti-aliasing/
    is that the same interview? Not sure as your link isn't working for me.

Hope BF3 sells huge numbers on PC

9. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Maximum number of gamers on steam in the last 48 hours = 3.1 Million.
    Number of spotty teenagers who will be crying to mummy and daddy to get them MW3 for the consoles = 10's of millions.

He has got a point tho. I doubt the current gen of consoles could produce the kind of visuals we've seen from the PC version of BF3 so far. It was a pretty bold claim for DICE to make.

I can't really comment myself as I don't own a console due to the fact that they are sh*te.

10. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

I'm not really angry, just amazed at the ability of a corporate to insult a chunk of their user base. And clearly the MW3 guys are concerned

11. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Silly man, all that Warcraft money has made him soft in the head.

12. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

So that is an admission that the PC version of BF3 looks better than any version of MW3(even on PC) that he has seen so far.
    I am sure the console version won't look as good as the PC version for obvious reasons. But it sounds to me that activision are slightly worried

13. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I know of 4 friends willing to dump consoles for PC just for Skyrim, why wont this be any different? Most of them seem to be getting frustrated with PSN outages, PC's graphics looking better and increased love of steam is helping.

14. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

If they program BF3 direct-to-hardware, then even XBox will handle it OK. PS3 will churn it out easily. Even if they don't, I doubt it'll be the end of the world.

COD can suck bawls.

15. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

I suspect the MW3 people are nervous because they had 3 seperate teams working on it. I mean Black Ops was a ****ing disaster but it had 1 full team working on it.

He's clearly using the mentality of the CoD player in that if they come across someone doing slightly better in whatever way they start insulting them. What Kotick said there is no different than playing MW2 and someone on the other team saying "your mum is a slag" right after you kill them.

So what if the PC has a smaller gaming userbase? So what if it's only been shown on the PC, there's been no MW3 on PC footage does that mean it wont work on that? No! So what if MW3 outsells BF3 2:1 (which it likely will) BF3 will probably be the better game and will be played and supported far longer.

Personally I'm staying well clear of all this nonsense and awaiting the sleeper hit that will be Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad.

16. HyBry

HyBry What's a Dremel?

'So far I’ve only seen Battlefield 3 on a PC, I haven’t seen it on a console where the bulk of our business is,'

The way I read it:
    "You make a great PC game. We make a great console game. PC games tend to suck on console, right?"

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

A sucky PS3/Xbox port would still be a better game than COD....

18. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

So BF3 wont perform well on a console, .. Activisions "bulk of business" is on the console and not on the PC, therefore.... we can assume MW3 is a console game, written for consoles.

Turn that around, MW3 is a console game, BF3 wont perform well on a console as it is a PC game. Thus, MW3 is not as good as BF3 ? Really is that what Activision are saying?

19. feathers

feathers Minimodder

The futility of Kotick's words. It will be an even smaller audience who regard his statements as accurate or factual. I lost interest in the COD series after the excellent COD 2. The COD modern warfare games bored the pants off my hot asian girlfriend.

20. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I didn't know World of Warcraft had launched on console!

Tags: Add Tags