1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo reveal Wii U specs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jun 2011.

1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

they should put some fir around the controller

2. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

3. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I do hope there are some gamecube controller slots so I can play the new smash bros with a regular controller and not this huge slab of plastic. I don't care if it can't run older gamecube games, I have a Wii for that but not having the option to use a regular controller might be a game/breaker for me.

4. LaM3a

LaM3a What's a Dremel?

"Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included"
    It's time to switch to USB 3.0 now, stop using the 2.0 :-(

5. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Not for a while yet it isn't, we still need devices that will consistantly better USB2 spec and be affordable, which are only external HDD's really but then again you get charged a price premium for USB3.

6. flipman

flipman What's a Dremel?

Its looks nice whish they can give all specs but these are already enough for now and i cant wait for this to come out i would like to start playing on it :)

7. Kaihekoa

Kaihekoa What's a Dremel?

If you're playing on a TV screen, why do you need a touchscreen LCD on the controller? It seems like a pretty stupid idea because it makes the controller very expensive when you could just use standard buttons/pads. I just don't picture the Nintendo's family and child audience buying four expensive controllers that will probably equal the cost of the system itself. whilst in the middle of an economic recession.

8. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

i admit it hasnt been dont before, but i just dont think it will catch on with the older market, i dont buy ninty stuff any more because they just seem to take the easy way these days and target the kids. theres nothing wrong with being innovative and drawing in a new crowd but they forget where they've come from and what made them who they are today.

i owned an n64 and a gamecube because they were great consoles. they didnt do anything new or unusual, they just played the good games that were programmed for them. they went off track when they made the wii. the wii and kinect are great inventions, but i would never pay for one. thats just my opinion anyhow.

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Because you don't need to have a touch screen TV? :D
    Have you not used a DS, a number of games use the touch screen to great effect, and I think combining that with a HD TV is a very smart move.

Doesn't matter as you can only use 1 of these controllers with the Wii U anyway, other players will use Wii-motes/nunchucks.

10. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

if i wanted to game while the missus watches tv ill just turn the monitor around to face the sofa....takes me 5 seconds job done,my xbox is also positioned so that it takes me just another 5 seconds to change from the hdmi connected to the tv to the hd vga connected to my monitor.
    I can see the concept and can also see why certain people would buy it but my problem still lies with the controller i mean, how much would it cost to replace that should it break? also will we see better titles this time rather than the dross that came out on the wii?

Tags: Add Tags