1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Quintessence - 29Jun-She's Live- CPU Magazine!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by voigts, 2 Mar 2010.

1. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

awesome - simply awesome. Congrats on a epic build! :thumb:

2. barfastic

barfastic What's a Dremel?

Amazing Voigts.... Anything i say does you NO justice!

3. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Man it turned out 150% better than what I thought it would. I love it. It's the kind of style builds that I want to make. I would just have used some aluminium parts on the outside too, but I must say you deserved to win that MOTM I stole. :D

Give him some rep guys!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

May I say cheesecake?

4. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Thanks a lot Attila.

I spend a year plowing away at this and he wants to know what's next? :sigh:

I will probably start this fall on a new case for my daughter. I built her a simple one a long time ago when I first started doing this, and after seeing this case and the Zenith, she has decided that she "wouldn't mind" if I built her a really nice one.

Thank you both very much.

Thank you Razer. Thankfully it turned out pretty well all in all, although as always there are a few things I will do differently the next time around. I need to make a really good MB template to go by to simplify the process. I had way too much trouble with that on this setup. As for that MOTM a while back, you got exactly what those who voted decided you should get. You didn't steal anything as far as I'm concerned.

AnG3L, ColdzeroTeam and Razer2007 like this.
  5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Looks absolutely amazing my friend, very well done. Such a clean project. +rep

6. Razer2007

Kind man. Thanks for inspiring all the new modders! Including me.

7. ColdzeroTeam

ColdzeroTeam What's a Dremel?

wow...
    this project turned out great. congrats :)
    I bet the hardships you went through are now nothing compared to the joy of having this babe complete :)

+rep

8. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

rep added!!! ;) I always forget about rep, thanks for reminding us!!! :)

9. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Thank you. I wanted to avoid the dreaded wiring clutter, and making that container/cover between the PSU and pump worked like charm. The area under the PSU was also essential to being able to route wires cleanly.

Its nice to know my work is thought of as being inspiring. The only problem with this is that it generates more competition... :dremel:

It is nice finally having this case sitting about 2 feet away from me doing its thing. I really enjoy taking something from concept to 3D sketch/render to reality.

I'm guilty of forgetting about adding rep also.

10. murtoz

murtoz Busy procrastinating

Gorgeous! I bet you keep glancing over at it so you can bask in the amazingness ;-)

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Yeah once you get that feeling you want it over & over every now & then & any little imperfections keeps us going at it again & again :lol: :thumb:.

Thanks for opening my eyes to the awesomeness of the scroll saw voigts, brilliant machine, I've soo got the bug for it now :D.

Turned out absolutely awesome mate, the metal work, the fret work, the general wood wook, the design of it all holding up in there without wasted space, real nice tube work :), excellent colour scheme & super nice finish, congratulations & rep mate :jawdrop::clap::dremel::thumb:.

12. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

+rep as well.

13. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

A thing of beauty voigts :thumb: :D

Congrats on the completion of the build, its simply stunning :clap:

We're only in June and the list of MOTY candidates is fast growing :dremel:

14. *Alex*

*Alex* What's a Dremel?

i think stunning is the word for this!

15. Razer2007

It sure does :naughty:

Now somebody will say: Noo it's not about doing the best or competing. But we all want to get that 200 000 + views right?

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I think you're right :thumb:

17. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Grest stuff! I know you put a lot of meticulous special care into this project and it shows. WCR (Wooden Computers Rule) :thumb:

18. alain-s

alain-s Minimodder

Jep it is indeed stunning ^^
    Very nicely done Voigts

19. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

It is nice looking over at it knowing that it isn't just a rendering. After working on it for so long, tt is actually sitting here.

Thanks a lot Wayne. I'm glad you got the scrollsaw figured out and its working well for you. It really is a wonderfully flexible tool. The drive for perfection is a bug that you share without a doubt. How many times did it take you to get that front panel the way you want among other things? That's the one thing that is always so hard with something like this. Although overall I'm pleased with how it turned out, the imperfections don't escape me. It must be a disease.

Thank you for the rep.

There are some really, really nice builds going on. Its going to be a tough contest to pick from among everyone that gets the privilege to be chosen, whoever they are. One of the things I really appreciate about the forum here at Bit-tech is that there is an appreciation for a wide variety and styles of mods.

Thanks guys. Of course its nice to get the page views (although I have yet to see 50k much less 200k), but it is nicer to have folks graciously take their time to look at what you're doing and give their criticism and support. Let's face it. We don't post our logs just for the fun of it. We post them to share them with others.

I don't know that the amount of care I've spent on this build matches what I've seen you put into all of yours. Yours builds are meticulously done down to the smallest details.

+1 - wooden computers rule! :thumb:

20. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

GLORIOUS! All that hard work was definitely worth it!
    I'm also happy you have more family members to make computers for.:D

...Can I join the WCR club?