1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress USS EURISKO - Intrepid Mark II Class

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ASPHIAX, 8 Feb 2011.

1. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

Aye Captain, forgot to mention the Anti-bs matter chamber in relation to the fixation of the (Jim's) beam! Else she'll be hitt'n the Port fairly hard and regular lol. hahaha .Glad to see you back at the helm. Steady as she goes... fair winds, fair sails to you :D

2. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Ok, I`ve got a question for YOU !

Normally the colour of a federation phaser is orange/red. But to recreate that visually a strong laser is needed. Another solution without risking eye damage is a Blue/Violet laser.

Poll: Do YOU think a Blue/Violet phaser is ok for the EURISKO?

[*]Yes, that`s cool

[*]No, original is better
    Tussenstand:
    [​IMG]
    Ook een poll maken? Klik hier

Poll stops in 5 days !
    Thanks people !!!

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Ahh that laser looks awesome :rock: regarding colour I don't know as I'm not a trekkie but I wouldn't risk any form of eye damage for the sake of a look or if you do just replace it after a photo shoot with something safe :thumb:, I like this mod a lot though, I just never sat & warped out to star trek :D but of course seen a few episodes of the older ones & maybe 1 of the newer ones, the older ones I found more funny so very watchable :D.

And regarding the comp = bogus you placed 3rd (don't know how long for though :lol:) so change your sig to 3rd instead of ? or even change the ? to bogus decision :D as we all know you got confirmed as 3rd whether it's official or not, they can't go changing places after it's been done just because of some whiners :duh: takes the mick :confused:.

Mod on now & complete this awesome trekkie mod the form is awesome & when it's painted it'll look freaking excellent :D.

On another note this is your first mod? :lol: did you used to make models to get this good before modding or get a heap of practice? :D this is too good for a first timer :eeek::hehe:.

4. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

I'm not a Trekkie either, but this is completely bad arse and I salute you!

The scale of this thing is epic... hope you're going to hang it from the ceiling.

You definitely do not need to make polls about what is cool and what isn't, you are totally doing fine on your own!

5. LooseNeutral

.... and I'd like to see real Photon Torpedoes! :D Don't forget the self destruct sequence, in case the ship should fall to the Borg.... (A good admin password will do there)

6. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks Waynio
    The thing is that I would love to let see the lasers when I will be out and about like on a lan party or something. Unfortunately that´s the premier place to do the most damage. and spending a 100 bucks just to get red lasers to take some pictures , well .... I might just do that !!! LOL

Its time they made a new series, the old ones are great but I need my weekly fix of new trekkie goodness.

This is my first mod (cutting a window in a case and building a watercooled system is not modding in my opinion - this my own system i am talking about here !!!) and I have never built a model before. I did do a lot of research on all sorts of model making and related sites but physically building it, not done it before.
    I do always try out stuff before I attach or cut out or whatever on my master model. this has saved my butt on several occasions :duh:

Hahaha, thanks man! Hanging it from the ceiling did cross my mind and then using the warm exit air from the rads to move it around. would be a sweet sight.
    I wanted to see how the form over function discussion would evolve.

Well I did see leds with a very small battery being cast into a round plexi casing.
    Use a miniature compressor to take air from the rads and create some torpedo tubes ..
    Et Voila... Launchable Photon torpedoes

That would be the ultimate GEEK feature to build into it ...

Last edited: 13 Jun 2011
  7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

and dont forget, if your launching torpedos, youll need some sort of aiming mechanism to target the opposition at LAN partys ;)

8. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

This was just posted in the dutch forums and I have Marco's permission to post this translation in the international forums.

Hello everyone,
    it took a while but Asphiax and us have come to a result. Since we cannot and don't want to disappoint the current top three nor Asphiax we have decided to award Asphiax with the Honorary Second Place. The USS EURISKO is a great mod which deserves all honor and respect so that is why we came to this conclusion. Next to this honorable mention, Asphiax will also receive these prizes to make a nice gaming rig:
    1x Cosmos S
    1x Silent pro Gold 1000w
    1x V8 CPU cooler
    3x Turbine Master fan
    1x Gigabyte P67 Mobo
    1x 580GTX VGA kaart
    1x Patriot Viper Xtreme Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC3-12800 (1600MHz) x1

The official statement will be placed on www.coolermaster.com/casemod2011 after the weekend. I would like to offer my apologies again in name of Cooler Master for how things went down, I hope we took away some of your frustrations this way.
    Have a great weekend!

Marco van Genechten
    Cooler Master Netherlands

I must say that I am very happy with the Honorary Second place and I feel everything is restored to waht it was before this mistake happend.
    I would like to thank Marco, Ruud, Raymen, CM Taiwan and CM -Netherland in special and offcourse all of you for the support during the last weeks.
    This will help me to complete the EURISKO big time and I am so looking forward to BF3 now.

Again many thanks and see you again in next years Coolermaster Casemod Contest !
    Best
    Sander van der Velden

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Good news indeed! Enjoy your prizes :D

10. Shael

Shael What's a Dremel?

Congrats on the Honary 2nd place mate you certainly deserved it with the amount of excellant work you put in to case:D

Glad to see that coolermaster came to the parth and brough gifts:thumb:

So when do we get an update on the mod ;)

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nice :clap: & my memory must be fuzzy for some reason I thought it came 3rd :lol:.

Anyway awesome news :) & that is the ingredients of a quality rig :rock:.

12. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks man! With Battlefield 3 just around the corner I think I will!
    Thanks man, No major visible work this weekend I am afraid.
    Spent all day (and just now finally managed it) debugging the IR remote for the different fire-ing patterns of the laser
    Small NERDGAZM when it worked !!!

Thanks, Waynio.
    I think this is an elegant solution!

13. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Here is a short vid on the TriCorder Controller for the Main Deflector Laser and the different fire-ing patterns.

I will need to find a decent second hand tricorder on ebay or something and fit the small remote into it. There will be more functions (double digit functions, 11,22,33,44) to control the other led and led arrays in the ship. Also the volume control of this old HDMI switcher remote will be used to fade certain leds. Couple of nice challenges to be overcome, but its getting there!

14. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

glad to see Coolermaster did you right despite the situation. That is good on their part.

15. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks voigts!

16. Karrek

Karrek Minimodder

Just read through this worklog for the first time. Excellent work on this mod!! I'm not really a trekkie, but I really like the work you are doing. Sorry to hear about the competition issue, but also glad that a great solution/compromise was found. I am just starting to get into this modding community, and I really like the way that everyone in this forum is very supportive and positive, and encourages each other to excel... it motivates me to do my first mod.
    Again, excellent job on this so far, and I look forward to following you through to the end.

17. LooseNeutral

CM Faith Restoration Project!

Now that's a nice resolution to what was avoidable to begin with! I'm glad to hear they did you some justice. Thank U CM! Some good faith in your company has been restored to prospective customers like myself. :D Now on with the show :dremel: .... popping popcorn, Beer is chilled!

18. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

what you doing with all the goodies you got from the compitition ??
    sistership to the USS EURISKO perhaps ? :rock: :rock: :rock:

19. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Hahaha, will take some time for the goods to get here from Taiwan and I am kindof wrapped up in another project at the moment, but they will be put to good use when they arive I promiss you that!

20. BOBDBONE

BOBDBONE Owner at BS Mods

Glad this all turned out ok for you.

I wondered how they would handle this and keep everyone happy. Looks like a happy ending.

Great job on the build. Keep up the great work!:rock: