1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Bit-Tech Digital 3D Render Gallery

Discussion in 'Modding' started by scooby, 6 May 2009.

1. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Some very cool stuff recently. :)

2. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

Sleepstreamer... what's some of the details there mate? Max, Maya? choice of render engine and so on ;) Nice bit of work you got there! :D

3. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

sorry :D not this time either ^^

4. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

awwww
    crap

5. LooseNeutral

Wtf SNAFU in NZ again

:grr: I just saw where Christ Church NZ just got hit by more bad quakes! Just as they were putting the last round behind them :wallbash: A few good souls down that way frequent the b-t forums. :thumb::rock: .... I hope your doing well cronicash... stay safe :worried: ;)

6. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

Thanks guys :D

It's Maya 2011 and mental ray, with vectorblur, zblur, colorcorrecting and some grading done in Nuke. I was about to use Vray for this, but it does not work as well for maya as it does for max, sadly.

Working on some Houdini stuff right now, will probably have something to show pretty soon :)

7. LooseNeutral

impressive line up there. results show it too! Mental ray you say, wow that one's a beast to fool with if your not careful. good stuff man. look forward to seeing more from you :D

Razer2007 likes this.
  8. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

Thanks man :) Yeah it can be slow if you set it up wrongly, but if you actually do it right I'm not noticing a massive difference compared to Vray.

Just a quick test, thought it looked pretty cool though. Currently thinking of which wall in the house to project onto and blast to pieces... :naughty:

9. DesignBlueprinter

DesignBlueprinter What's a Dremel?

It has taken me almost two days to read through everything when this topic started 5/9/2009 and 1,309 posts later, I am finally up-to-date : )

I joined earlier this year, and it is impressive to see how you all have grown over the last two years, and I have seen new people join and grow as well. You fellows are a very niche group of people and I have been looking for a forum like this for a long long time, and I feel I am home. Hope to get some of my renders on here before the end of this month. I am working with limited hardware and I know I am going to suffer modeling/rendering on it, but I have been deeply inspired by the selections you guys have shared here. lenne0815, you blew me away a few months back when I came across your custom CNC project, and I did not know you did cG work also, but I have been very impressed with your work and also everyone else, especially those who went the distance in creating realistic renders and original concepts. Anyway, I am going to stop blabbing for now and get to work on my concepts/renders.

Thanks again to all for inspiring me to the utmost degree ^_^

jezmck likes this.
  10. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

Glad you feel welcome here and very much look forward to seeing your renders BluePrinter! :thumb:

11. Richardbmx

Richardbmx What's a Dremel?

giving a contribution to good here .. leave some of my modding I'm doing now ... Greetings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you like ... render I did with V-RAY

:D :thumb:

12. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

definately Vray. :thumb: How do you get that light not to be all grainy? Is it a diffuse layer or a light?

And that case looks somewhat sleepstreamer-style.

13. Richardbmx

Richardbmx What's a Dremel?

Greetings .. is something to play with the light settings of vray, to achieve the result we want, can not remember which place values ​​Furon, when I tell you I have .....

14. Technobod

Technobod Minimodder

Hi Guys,

Ben reading up for a while, and have to say some of the renders on here are just :jawdrop:

But I was wondering, I tend to use sketchup whenever I do 3D work and having seen this come out, wondered if anyone had any experience/views on it? http://www.123dapp.com/

Cheers :thumb:

15. danitgeek

danitgeek Designer

Awesome thing going on love some of the animations.I just noticed that my school has autodesk education so i should be joining the club with hopefully some good renders.

I especially like this

16. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I don't know if it's any good, but it's free and I've been needing a decent NURBS modeller for ages.

17. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

18. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

there he goes again with those cases that have like no breathing room for the heatsinks
    looks good thou
    i like the keyboard :D
    one thing that Apple has gotten correct

19. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

More than enough breathing room! The 120mm fan on the side there sits right above the cpu and chipset heatsink.. Theres a large vent on the rear to vent hot air as well :)

I WILL test the build out with a cardboard mockup first before I commit to getting the acrylic cut :)

20. danitgeek

danitgeek Designer

First try at 3ds and a bit of help from photoshop cs4
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]