1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News LA Noire announced for PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

nice. Now we just need to get Red Dead Redemption on the PC. At least L.A Noire is a start!

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Agreement. We want Red Dead Redemption!!!

4. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

If it doesn't support DX10 I'm not buying it, grand theft auto 4 was a criminal in the jagged edges department, hopefully they'll choose to go DX10 so we can have the AA their games so badly need T_T

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

yes!

RDR isn't that good from the half hour i spent with it. or did i miss anything? just felt like GTH (Grand Theft Horses)

6. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Doesn't sound like it'll be anything special. When they start mentioning 'customization, including keyboard remapping and gamepad functionality' as key features all I can think is 'crappy console port'.

7. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

The moment-by-moment game mechanics are quite similar to GTA, so not very impressive in a short demo. But playing through the whole game is very rewarding, because it has a great story and superb settings, which you can only really appreciate if you give it time.

8. Ayrto

Ayrto What's a Dremel?

MotionScan seems like a fantastic new tech. Hopefully, if ( and it's a big if) they do this right on PC , with some DX11 goodness; a vastly improved lighting system etc. the world can match it. Not played it on any platform.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2011
  9. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Bleh i'm not buying it a second time.

10. deadstoned

deadstoned What's a Dremel?

Yey! about time!

Hope GFWL isnt inclided this time and hope Red Dead Redemption may be coming soon. That game is so amazing =D

11. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Apart from the awesome looking facial animation, I couldn't really give a ****. I always get bored of GTA-esque games, especially the ones from the guys who made GTA. I played the **** out of GTA3 and VC, but GTAIV was so boring I barely managed to finish the game, and RDR had the same problem, only much earlier. Though it was more fun than any GTA for the time I enjoyed it, tbf.

Noire sounds awesome when it comes to looking for clues, and then questioning the witnesses etc, but everything else (driving, chasing, shooting) is going to be boring as sin just because A) The engine's shooting mechanics are mediocre, B) You control like a drunk sloth (as per the engine also), and C) Now you have to drive like a human being.

There is the argument that the investigative part of the game is the largest individual type of gameplay, but when you can just listen for the tones to know when all the clues have been found, what's the point? And sure, you can turn off the tone, but even then, if you miss something and balls it up, oh noes, bad rating. Move on. It just looks and sounds very derivative, which is basically the problem I always end up trying to fight through when it comes to Rockstar games.

I know there are a lot of people that really want LA Noire on the PC, and this is no doubt good news to them, even if I really couldn't care less. The problem I have is that we are getting regurgitated console games, that usually have some serious issues when they get ported, 'cause we all know they don't really care about the gaming experience on PC. They had surprisingly low sales for such a well received game, and now they feel like it might be worth bringing it over to PC to try and make a little extra. That is all it is.

If Rockstar would come out with a new IP, that doesn't feel like a GTA game in a different setting for once, then I would be interested. If said game was being developed on PC primarily as well, then ****, I might have to sit up and pay attention. But mainly I just want something different from Rockstar. I have an Xbox, and I love it. Recently bought Alan Wake to see if it is worth playing. This isn't a "consoles are ruining PC gaming" rant at all. It's a "Rockstar has gone stale and I am bored with them".

TL;DR: Meh. Looks boring anyway. Low sales on consoles is the only reason they are doing this. Wish they would do something new and different for once.

12. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Blerg, having finished this on Xbox, there is no way I'm replaying it on PC. Good for the first 5 hours, horribly tedious after, with an ending that's tantamount to kicking players in the balls with a big boot covered in crap. Urgh.

13. User-sam

User-sam When in doubt, follow your nose.

Fudge LA Noire I want Red Dead Redemption! Even though I have played it multiple times on both platforms xD

14. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Well that's cool I guess, I was intrigued by the high reviews but it was console-only so too bad, they lost a sale there. Though now we're obviously looking at a cheap port-job. Just can't win.

15. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Nice to see it on the PC, but I don't think it'll add much - whereas the complete opposite is true with GTA IV. Most of the game is spent either driving around (where a gamepad is best) or talking to people (in which case it doesn't matter what controller you use) or walking around crime scenes (again, it doesn't really matter which controller you use).

It'll look nicer, but the real question is - where is Red Dead Redemption!?

16. VoiceHorn

VoiceHorn What's a Dremel?

Red Dead Redemption or GTFO.

law99 likes this.
  17. Fizzban

Really?? Damn. I gather it's more lame than the Diablo ending where you felt like you'd just wasted X hours of your life for the same result as you'd just set out to fix. (Loved Diablo..but the ending made me want to slap a baby)

18. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I read the words "customisation, including keyboard remapping" and cried inside. It gives me flashbacks to Modern Warfare 2 and 'mouse support'...

19. Fizzban

You know that. When they tout what should be standard options as 'customization options' you know it's probably going to be a cluster-f*** of fail and bugs.

20. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

QFT

Tags: Add Tags