1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Twitter Questions

Discussion in 'Software' started by cool_dude, 18 Jun 2011.

1. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Hey all

I'm aware that you can create groups on twitter so that you can tweet to only a certain few within that group however I have some questions if anyone could help?

1) Can you set a password to the group?

2) If I add people to a group can they all see each other (i.e; everyone can see who is selected in the group)?

3) If yes to the above, is there a way for me to organise people in groups but the people not aware of the other people involved in the group?

Relativeley new to Twitter and just hoping someone can help answer those questions :D.

Thanks

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Hexy is deffo a good person to ask :p

3. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Hexy? Can't find anyone with that username lol

Help appriciated.

4. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Anyone? I thought twitter was popular... :p

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Hey there! I think you mean the lists on Twitter? If so, this is just so that you can view the groups independently. Like I have a list containing everyone I know from bit-tech. That way I can view: http://twitter.com/#!/Hexy/bit-tech and see tweets from just people on that list.

There isn't a way for you to tweet out to the lists independently I'm afraid. Not that I'm aware of anyway :)

6. zatanna

zatanna What's a Dremel?

^you're right @hex, by creating a twitter "list" you create a separate timeline for tweets from a group you've created such as "musicians" or "professional contacts." no tweeting to the list only, as such, and your lists are public (that last part may not be true if your tweets are protected).

7. DAE_JA_VOO

DAE_JA_VOO What's a Dremel?

Yep. You can't tweet to specific people. The only way you can do that is to set up a separate account that's a private account, and then have those people follow that account.