1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Guerilla Scout

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by rikaldrey, 23 Jun 2011.

1. rikaldrey

rikaldrey What's a Dremel?

Hi all! This will be first ever case mod. Firstly. as some of you might get confused, this mod is not sponsored by Gigabyte so you won't see one of the latest enthusiast class mobos named coincidentally as Guerilla.

Anyway, my plan was just to rotate the mobo tray 90degrees. Similar to Silverstone's Raven series or the FT02. I will have to warn everyone that this will be a learning process for me as I go along the modifications. I have no experience with any of these tools, so please don't be harsh if I might anger the Gods of Drilling, Alligning, Cutting.. etc. and also my Englesh graymmers. Sorry.

components:
    i7 920 D0
    Rampage 2 Gene
    6Gb Corsair Dominators
    XFX 4890 XXX
    Corsair HX850
    CM Storm Scout

Watercooling:
    Swiftech Apogee XT Rev.2 (sent back my full nickel supreme hf as I got scared)
    MCP35x Pump with Rev.2 Res
    Koolance CU720V 120.2 Rad
    Scythe GT 1850's

Modding Tools:
    Hammer Drill, which I borrowed from my uncle
    Dremel 300 with FlexiShaft that I don't even use
    3 Files from ScrewFix
    Hand Riveter from Screwfix too
    Ruler that I for what's it called. something with a water game as my wife described. From ScrewFix as well
    Measuring Tape
    WD40
    2 C-Clamps
    A piece of wood that I found on my landlord's garden.
    My wife's desk used as a workbench or just clamp stuff to be cut
    The Case was also used as workbench when I was some of its parts apart.(not a workbench anymore as got kinda flimsy without the sidepanels)

That's all I have as materials. I wanted a drill press and a bending brake but can't afford it or just no room for a workshop. I'm still learning anyways.

I'm just gonna summarize what I've done for the past 2 mos. This was initially an entry for the CM Casemod Competition but I didn't make it. I lacked the technical skills and also the confidence that time. So Instead I put the build on hold and just admired at other people's fantastic creations. So without for ado. PICS!

Before:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Imagine how flimsy it's gonna get. I might have to reinforce the case after this but I don't know how, yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I initially planned to use the MATX mobo tray I got but I changed my mind. I might build my next upgrade on this case.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I intended to mount the PSU in the front but didn't have the proper cables. I bought an angled one the it was angled to the side that it blocked the bezel.
    [​IMG]

Wanna see moar pics? :)

2. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Off to a great start mate :)

3. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

As one first time modder to another, welcome aboard and great start!

4. rikaldrey

Thanks guys. As a reward for viewing..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally decide to mount my psu, made brackets. I will try to upload those next time but you get the picture here.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test fit the loop too. I couldn't find a pump mount that will fit 140mm fans so I might screw it on the psu grill with a thin/wide spacer, it's ziptied for now.
    [​IMG]

Phobya compressions on the Swiftech Apogee XT. Tight fit and the rotation is limited to less than 270 degrees, sufficient for most loops.
    [​IMG]

I'll try to upload more pics tomorrow. Time to sleep. :yawn:

5. rikaldrey

Thanks guys. As a reward for viewing..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test fit the loop too. I couldn't find a pump mount that will fit 140mm fans so I might screw it on the psu grill with a thin/wide spacer, it's ziptied for now. Also decided to mount my psu, made brackets. I will try to upload those next time but you get the picture here.
    [​IMG]

Phobya compressions on the Swiftech Apogee XT. Tight fit and the rotation is limited to less than 270 degrees, sufficient for most loops.
    [​IMG]

I'll try to upload more pics tomorrow. Time to sleep. :yawn:

6. rikaldrey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need to figure out a way to mount the pump, I really liked the Pulse Modding mount but too bad it wouldn't fit the psu. I might fabricate an adaptor but not sure if it will be stable enough against the vibrations. Currently it's just ziptied.