1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware PC Hardware Buyer's Guide May 2011

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 10 May 2011.

1. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The 560Ti needs 31A in total but it doesn't have to be from a single rail. The Antec TruePower New 650w has four rails, two of which can be used for GPU's and each is rated at 25A.

You need to connect the PCI-E cable with the blue stripe (non-modular cable) to one of the 560Ti 6-pin connectors, then use the modular PCI-E cable with the green stripe to connect to the other 560Ti 6-pin connector. This cable with the green stripe needs to be plugged into the socket on the PSU marked 12V4.

2. Toga

Toga What's a Dremel?

Ooh, brilliant, I'll give that a shot tomorrow then. Appreciate the help guys.

3. Toga

Toga What's a Dremel?

Right, tried it out & still the same problem, crashes between 15-30min after boot while either watching youtube or playing a game that draws a lot of resources. I've found an old 850w non modular power supply with a single 12v rail at 38A, so gonna give that a try tonight.

Is there anyone here that's successfully using that card with that psu?

Edit: moved this to it's own thread, don't wanna clog this one up. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=2710702#post2710702

Last edited: 10 Jun 2011
  4. bumperbid

bumperbid What's a Dremel?

Genaral

use the Google dev

5. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Will there be a June guide?

6. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

Just bought the Radeon 6850 to replace my 8600GTS, based on the reviews and buyers guide here on BT, turned out to be cheaper than the 460 and am currently enjoying playing through Witcher 2 again, this time on High settings and AA turned on, though CD Projects settings still wanted to use the low options.

A much better game experience for me and thanks BT for the recommendations ;)

7. elalcaudon

elalcaudon What's a Dremel?

In all honesty, my preferences were pretty much what everyone else would have used the relevant builds for. The only thing I did change on the Gamer was the PSU since I couldn't get one due to stock shortages but I used the recommendation in the CPC mag which sometimes wierdly differs from the Bit-Tech recommendations.

8. facwit

facwit What's a Dremel?

When is the June/July guide going to be out?

9. rainbowfication

rainbowfication What's a Dremel?

will there be a July guide? i know there wasn't much change last month any change soonish

10. toolio20

toolio20 What's a Dremel?

There should be no June guide, since we are in July. The way things are going, I'm srsly doubting they'll even put out one for this month. I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong, though (cough cough ahem etc).

BT's buyer's guides were always one of my favorite articles, it seems ridiculous they've let them slide so far to the wayside...maybe they'll get back on track at some point?

11. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

There was no point in putting one out for last month. There was no new hardware. Last I heard on the subject they do have some new motherboards to test and then we should see a new one.

12. facwit

facwit What's a Dremel?

Why cant they just post a comment - no new kit to test this month. Next guide is coming in August.

Tags: Add Tags