1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling i5 2500k cooling woes. Please Halp :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VictorVonZeppelin, 24 Jun 2011.

1. VictorVonZeppelin

VictorVonZeppelin What's a Dremel?

Whoops, I did indeed mean coolermaster. I got muddled up, reading so many names. My budget will be about 35 quid, and I'm really going for the mounting method as the main requirement
    Thanks muchly, speed.

2. Sponge12349

Sponge12349 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

3. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

If you can push that extra few quid then the Cogage Arrow would be my pick, I own one amoungst others and it is definately the value king at the moment. It supports all the major sockets and the mounting system is good, backplate, two supports and then a central plate with two screws.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/coga...-939-940-am2-am2plus-am3-includes-a-120mm-fan

Sister company of Thermalright, so similar design as the Silver Arrow, the fan isn't great but you can pick some up cheap or I can chuck you a few Antec Tri-Cools for the postage if you need them.

As it is a dual radiator design you get the performance which will be perfect for overclocking your 2500K and it gives you some flexiblity with where the fans are placed, how many and what size.

I know I bash on about the Silver Arrow a lot, but its performance is pretty much second to none in the air cooling world and the Cogage Arrow which it shares many of the design features come very close behind beating the Dark Rock. The Gelid Tranquillo is however a good value choice. It really comes down to how far you want to clock your i5 and therefore how much cooling you need.

4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

5. VictorVonZeppelin

VictorVonZeppelin What's a Dremel?

Hey, thanks for all your help. But, after a bit of tinkering throughout the day, I got the Titan to fit ( <3 Dremels). So now I'm getting 28c idle, and 50c at 4.5GHz.

Thank you all the same, everyone who helped, especially Speed.

6. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Excellent news, you'll fit in here just fine I think! ;) :dremel: