1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Team Fortress 2 now free to play

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Jun 2011.

1. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

there is a training mode and an offline practice mode. The bots are quite intelligent and have the same limitations as humans (FOV, hearing range, visual range)

Tend to file into well placed sentry guns though. Can't be perfect.

2. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Seriously loads of stuff for free and the game is free now so you can get anyone to play it (friends). what have valve asked for? nothing if you dont want to pay a penny thats fine! if this still bothers you go an pay activision for cod and keep paying them for all the dlc too. ohhh and TF2 IS BETTER THAN COD!
    and you dont need to practise really just throw yourself in at the deep end - theres no real stats its mainly about having fun!

3. DocWolfe

DocWolfe What's a Dremel?

I still pine for a good game of TFC again :(

4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

All the servers I play on kick F2P'ers.

I played for 3 hours today, after a gap of about 2 months (not counting testing it on my dying laptop). Still got the ninja snipah skillz :D

5. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi What's a Dremel?

Played on TF2 for an hour or so, and because of mass amounts of F2P players the game was just dull, not to mention more people willing to use Hacks as there are no consequences, VAC Ban no longer scares them as they can just start another new account without monetary issues. For Server Admins, there is a sourcemod plugin available to combat the F2P players https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=160049

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

IMHO TFC is/was much better. Yes i am oldskool TFC/CS player. Never liked TF2 and never will. I have bought it, played it a few months when it was released and never touched it again.

Since they have made TF2t free, I hope valve abandons it now and start working on EP3...

7. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

This is pretty much the best thing to happen to TF2 in a long time, it has provided a massive influx of players to the game and there is nothing wrong with them.

Any servers banning F2P players are obviously run by idiots.

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Pretty much this. When the crafting and trading nonsense started coming in I had a fair deal of nerdrage and had a fair deal more nerdrage when the store was added. Come to realize the last time I played a couple months ago that it's still the same game as it's always been and always will be, all the extras can just be ignored.

Still going to hold my grudge over the halo, though. Ever heard of having a spine, Valve?

Tags: Add Tags