1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Royal Mail

Discussion in 'General' started by andrewbarke, 28 Jun 2011.

1. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

We get ours around 9am. He usually there after dropping the kids off to school.

2. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

there's a mad postman on the loose !
    the envelope wouldn't go though letter box so he forced it through, it was ripped in half, fortunately nothing was damaged.

edit: he also managed to break off the flap from the front of the letterbox, the f****** inbred c***

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Totally random.

Letters come around 11:00 - 14:00, in to the box in the wall by the entry gate. Parcels are an unknown, I've had some turn up at 08:00 (like this morning), others at 16:00, and yet others just the old trick of a "Sorry you weren't in" card, despite somebody being in the whole time. I'd also note that 1st class seems to take 2 days to arrive in Dundee, and even had Special Delivery items arriving late for no reason.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

This is the same for me really.

5. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

Our normal postman usually delivers between 10 and 11, if it won't fit through the letterbox and the porch isn't open he will normally leave it with a neighbour.

The van driving posties and courier drivers do my head in though, depending on which company delivers it I roughly know what time to expect them. however less than 10 seconds after ringing the bell they are usually half way down the drive on their way back to the van, I'm sure i'm not the only one who doesn't sit by the front door to pounce on them the instant the bell is rung.

I know they are busy and have lots of things to deliver but if they waited just a few more seconds after ringing the bell they wouldn't get shouted at so often!

6. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

The greedy union posties over here in canuckastan went on rotating strikes for a couple weeks and then cried foul when they were locked out. The government finally had to pass a law to force them back to work starting today, and they best have at least 1 of the packages I've been waiting 3+ weeks for :miffed:

7. frizzeh

frizzeh What's a Dremel?

8. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Thats quite a helpful postman if he drops your kids off at school as well.

:p

The Postman in My area normally arrives around 11am

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Ours can be anytime between 9am and 1pm.

Very nice chap, always have a good chat about cars and stuff, :D

10. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Usually around 7am for letters and small packets that can fit through the letter box, larger parcels around 2pm and he rings the bell; since I live on the top floor of a housing complex which has security doors most parcels are left under the doormat if I'm not in, perfectly safe and saves going back downtown to the depot to pick things up.

11. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I never seen my postman, since we have a main mailbox like this but I can tell you that he deliver mails around 11:30am, I never had a bit of trouble....except with the Post Office employees during the holidays period XD

12. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Does the OP realise the full scale of the number of properties and businesses around the UK that royal mail attend to? Or how many staff it would take to get all mail delivered before you get out of bed? That is a very unrealistic demand.
    The post arrives when it arrives. They do have somewhere around 28 days to actually deliver your item so getting it next day at 3pm is ****ing good if you ask me.
    If you’re in such a hurry for an item, you cant blame royal mail for your lack of planning, they havnt breached their contract. Order whatever your buying sooner. Simples.

13. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I generally get my post by 0930 every day, even on a Saturday. I usually see him for a "Morning!" and wave as I'm walking to the station and he's stopped me before to check whether or not there is anyone at the house as he has a recorded delivery for us. We've got a good one at the moment.

However, I've taken a post card back to the sorting office as it was delivered to our address in error twice and been given grief for not just putting it back in the post (I already had once). I merely pointed out that the town name was clearly marked and the answer was that the postcode was for my village, not the town. Pointing out that the postcode wasn't mine, it wasn't even valid, was not received well. I had my head verbally removed with so much vehemence that it bounced off the back wall! :eeek: I even pointed this out without so much as a hint of my usual sarcasm, I was actually nice about it but still got ripped in to verbally.

I've had friends work for Royal Mail and it sounds like it can be sheer hell at times but only a few of the people there are true jobsworths. Most of them are the same as the rest of us and I've been happy to have a beer with some of them down the pub. Mostly they do a damn fine job, please don't let the actions of a few tar them all with the same brush.

14. Virt

Virt What's a Dremel?

I imagined a massive box barely covered by your front door mat :lol:

That sounds a little rude

I get deliveries around 11am for normal letter type post. The van for bigger deliveries comes a bit later on.

If they can't put something through the letter box, then they'll try to put it through the kitchen window, which is mostly open if someone is home. Cue having to hunt for the package if it has bounced off of the drainer near the kitchen sink and fallen to the floor :hehe: