1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Custom speaker system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cerberus90, 1 Jul 2011.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'm currently using a set of Logitech X-540 speakers. Being 5.1 and having now rearranged my room positiong the rear speakers is now going to be almost impossible.

So I'm thinking of selling them and getting something else.

I've looked at the 2.0 and 2.1 sets available, but for my budget of <£50 I can't seem to find anything that seems any good.

A quick look on ebay might suggest that I could build my own speaker system (speakers and amp) for this cost.

Is this really possible?

If it is, what should I be looking for. Never done anything with amps and speakers and stuff, especially when connected to computers.

Any places I can look at with some 'guides' on the subject?

2. Hawkest

Hawkest I got some 4GB new RAM

50 is a tight budget for a pair of speakers and an amp.... surly u can set up ur Logitech system in a 2.1 mode?

3. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Personally, on that budget, I don't think you're going to get anywhere good.

AE Aego Ms are where it's it for around £130.

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I agree, with that budget you are unlikely to find anything decent unless you REALLY luck out with second hand. Just set up what you have in 2.0 or 2.1 and save up if you really need to replace it.

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've got the X-540s up with the two fronts and the center and the sub, and just disabled the rears in windows.

I'll stick with what I've got for now. Was just a passing idea, :D