1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Dynamode HD Media Player Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 2 Jul 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. mkb

mkb Minimodder

What a complete dross product.

3. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Having HD in the title for something that's unable to really play 1080P is borderline false advertising surely (at least, for a product released in 2011, maybe in 2006 I'd have forgiven it).

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

So you've given a product which basically doesn't work as advertised, 42%? That seems high, given that much of the review focused on what it a) doesn't have and b) can't do.

You get what you pay for, though. I wouldn't expect an HD Media Player for <£35 and Dynamode proved me right.

5. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Can it play 720 fine. As that is also a hd resolution.

6. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Yeah I guess, I'm just being a PC elitist I suppose. After all PS3 and 360 are regarded as HD consoles and a good chuck of games for them are only 720P (or even lower and up scaled). I suppose if it was 1080p it would say 'Full HD'.

7. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

It may not be able to play 720. But I don't like the fact it has obviously lost loads of points for not doing 1080, so someone with a 720 tv might see the review and dismiss it, when it might actually be fine for them. Especially when most of my friends say they prefer 720 on a good 720 screen to 1080 on a poor 1080 one.

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

lol, I paid around £80 for my WDTV when it first came out. No lan connection, but plays mkv's just fine. 1080p too. You get what you pay for.

9. macroman

macroman The One

It has no network connection? Why does it score any points? Network connectivity is a must these days

10. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

I think I'd rather drop a bit more on one that can actually handle 1080p, even if I had a 720p television (I don't watch tv anymore, tbh) That way I wouldn't need to replace it if I upgraded the tv later...and no network port? WTF is the point of this device at all?

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

We just splashed out on a WD TV live to replace our ageing KISS player and it has been an absolute joy to use and setup. As the review says, it costs twice as much as this one but I wouldn't hesitate to spend that.

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

LOL, I must be the only one who isn't crying about not having a network port. xD

13. xela333

xela333 What's a Dremel?

14. dudwasup

dudwasup What's a Dremel?

That's why you just by an apple tv. May be a little more limited to streaming but then you jailbreak it and it's great

Tags: Add Tags