1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Comrade Penguin, 5 Jul 2011.

1. Comrade Penguin

Comrade Penguin What's a Dremel?

I was just about to order my new PC bits when I noted Scan's Today Only page had a bundle that was very similar but with a better PSU for £25 less. Unfortunately the one significant difference is the motherboard. I suspect, as it is just about the cheapest Z68 going, the GA-Z68A-D3 is going to be crap and I should stick with the MSI P67A-GD53. However I was wondering if anyone had crossed paths with it and could confirm as I doubt I'll be doing anything more than a moderate overclock. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited: 5 Jul 2011
  2. ak_2020

ak_2020 Minimodder

Looking at the bundle, I'd be tempted to stick with want you had before. The bundle has slower 1333mhz RAM (ideally you'd want 1600mhz, which costs about the same anyway.) The case also looks a bit suspect. The Gigabyte board by itself only costs £77.62, so your not really getting a better deal - you are only getting what you pay for.

EDIT: out of interest, what were you thinking of getting before you saw this?

3. Comrade Penguin

Comrade Penguin What's a Dremel?

Hadn't noticed that. Thanks. Pretty much settles that it isn't worthwhile. I can live without a 600w PSU for my modest demands. What I'm getting is listed here thought the PSU is still being thought about.

Still any thoughts on the mobo I'm sure would be appreciated by anyone looking at it given the seeming lack of info on the net.

4. ak_2020

ak_2020 Minimodder

Your build looks pretty solid. I'm not sure on the XFX PSU, but your choice of motherboard appears to be spot-on.

5. mrdanie

mrdanie What's a Dremel?

I too saw that deal, was trying to find some information or someone who had that board, its the cheapest z68 board around and i've always found gigabyte boards to be reliable, always went gigabyte, one day chose an msi board, doa, refunded and went back to gigabyte, no prob..I guess its true though you get what you pay for and I wouldnt expect too much from it, ill probably get it because its about what I was looking to spend on a motherboard :) but would be nice if anyone here that already had it could spare some feedback on the board.