1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows THE bit-tech StarCraft 2 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Horizon, 5 Jul 2010.

1. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

If he was surprised by the thors and his mutas was clumped up, well that is not a pretty sight.

That is why you ever leave your mutas unattended as they really are paper flyers,

2. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

I am afraid he does know how to magic box but did not expect the thors - 1s. away from mutas flying into 2 thors + missile turrets + marines in bunkers = many dead mutas!

I still suck on so many levels - teaches me to change it up from roach russian'

3. Pughy

Pughy Fancy a game of Starcraft?

For you guys who don't know, Teamliquid.net is the place for sc2 in the english speaking scene. At they do small things like liquibets where you choose who will win matches and team games etc.

Anyways, you get points for each win and everyones ranked.

Heres the rankings

http://www.teamliquid.net/liquibet2/ranking.php

Check #11 :p

(or atleast at the time of posting, it'll change tomorrow because of the GSL games)

4. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Seen that on TL but never really started doing it. I guess it would be interesting like fantasy sports.

Probably no point now that its already started. :(

What is this magic box of which you all speak and how the hell have I never heard of it???

Gratz on being pretty good at it. Does it involve the SC1 pro league matches and the like??

Google serch and no links work from work.... :( ...have to check it out wen i get home

Last edited: 6 Jul 2011
  5. Pughy

Its just abit fun really, you can start doing it whenever and they restart it. and yeah they do sc1. tl.net recently had their own tournament with $35,000 poolprize (seriously, their huge when it comes to starcraft) and its www.teamliquid.net but everyone just says tl.net

Magic box, its better to show you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68H8FeZHkWg

6. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Saw that vid last night.......Certainly would have changed the matchup......but also make me think thor splash damage should be a bit bigger....but the again, its not like terran need any buffs right now. lol

Thanks for the link thou even thou Id already seen it. :)

7. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

I think I'm doing okay with Terran. I feel like I can get a base up and running and play okay, although still at a noob level ofc. I'd like to try the other two races to get a feel for them. Can I request three good, solid builds for each race? I'd like to practice and learn them inside out over the next few weeks.

Can you guys recommend some?

Thanks.

8. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Personally, I'm no expert on toss, but zerg I know fairly well.

Generally, for zerg builds, just google "14 pool zerg build". 14 pool refers to that at 14 control, you will build the spawning pool. Other than that - no matter what anyone else says - to play zerg, you must be able to shift with the battle. Beacause zerg has such a wide range of problem solvers, you must able to react very quickly to any changes your enemy does.

Once you get the build, practice it plenty of times. Eventually you come to realise that (1): the build is very general. (2): at such you can start tinkering with it, (faster, slower, earlier nat, etc) - e.g: I normally run a 12 pool, 6 pack lings, first gas, then Hydra if Terran, Roaches for the other 2. mutas if they repel first and second waves. Roach underground moving if they have heavy anti air. both together if thier have detectors.

Just got to get in there and play.

PS: No such thing as over kill with zerg! :D

9. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

4Gate is the de facto build for toss I think.
    I'd recommend watching day9's probe and pylons video. He labours the point, but for good reason. Basically it's all about macro at lower levels of play, there's not much point worrying about a build's effectiveness until you get your mechanics to a point where you're always producing from everything you have and queuing as little as possible.

Destiny made the same point by trying to ladder up using an only queens but I dunno how far he took it in the end.

10. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Toss builds...... 3 gate sentry expand = 1 gate core zealot, then sentry.....another sentry ......2 gates when at 300minerlas......make sure warp gate is about hlf way done to get them to finish when warp gate does....if they dont you need to refine it more......warp in a second zealot and 2 more sentrys.....can replace zealot with stalker. then move out to take expo and got from there. Tech...or go to 6 gates with blink stalkers and push.......thats vs zerg

Terran ......1 gate, robo, another gate. If you see push coming get zealots. make sure you have 2 sentrys. if you see 4-5 mauraders get a immortal out. Should hold it off, from there expand and go from there. Make sure you get zealot legs.

PvP......4 gate. 12 gate, core. zealot after core, wg & stalker....CHRONO ONLY WG NON STOP. stop probe production at 24 supply. put down 3 more gates when stalker almost done (450min) build 2nd stalker and forward pylon with scouting probe.

there is 3 relatively easy builds that are safe. Zerg and terran builds will secure expo and allow you to go from there.....pvp, just hit em in the mouth.

Hope that helps!

11. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

12. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I've tried Protoss and Zerg agaist the AI and done okay.

I've been having a bit of success in ladder with Terran recently. Day9's probes and pylons video really helped me out! Thanks for suggesting it Irondoc.

13. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Theres no magic trick to getting better at Starcraft 2. If you live and breathe it, you will improve rapidly. Watch the top players on the numerous Youtube channels, play constantly and you will see yourself get better daily.

14. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

A program that I likem to use..its called....SC2 Gears. Just google it and it will be there.

Great tool for monitoring matchups and your APM development.

Also easy to see which maps your strong and weak on. I was surprised to see Metalopolis is my weak map. But Scrap station is my strongest o_O.......now my strongest is Shakourus, Typhon & Terminus.

Can you tell Im a bit of a macro player ;p

Anyways, really good tool, and if you palying with diff races you can see your breakdown with each race and see what race you are strong and weak with.

15. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

looks like a nice tool, however I don't think I am going to get much of it, the flaws I have is of a kind you don't need a fancy program to find for you XD

16. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

You forgot to mention the best bit! It tells you the most used words by all your friends. One of my friends who I play teams with a lot had 'sorry' in the top ten :hehe:

17. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

ROFL!!!!!!!

Never used that feature to be honest. But things cant be good if sorry is in the top ten

I jsut use it to see my weak maps and matchups from insert date to insert date....

I find Ill have an issue work on it, solve that issue then what i was strong in, isnt as strong anymore.

It did however tell me which maps to veto - BACKWATER GULCH......I dont think i ever beat a zerg on that map. Muta, ling, infestor EVERY TIME. Spacing for your blink is such a bitch....and trying to wall in as toss is finiky.

Now that that map is gone, I find im not as angry as much ;p

I generally know my weakness.......pvz.....but now Iv worked so hard on it its getting back up to somewhere near 50%.......was at 42% at one point ;'(

But since its going up now my pvt has gone form 60% to around 55%.

Its the ghosts man....the fkin ghosts.

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm still horrible with 1v1, probably because I don't play enough, mind you I'm top 20 in bronze league (I haven't touched the game in months). But it's often hit/miss for me.

PvP I'm pretty solid at, usually I can take them out with immortals. PvT is a hit/miss, if they go tanks I can hold off until Colossi, but my macro skills need to improve, plus I need to scout more.

PvZ, well not many players play zerg in Bronze, but I do okay against Zerg as long as I have colossi. Pheonixes are a life saver in PvZ.

19. Pughy

Hey guys! One of my gaming buddies and the SC2 leader for the pro team of YoYoTech is throwing a pretty big EU online tournament and we really want as many people as possible to sign up. So please visit tl.net and regisiter where it says 'sign up' next do the qualifyers :D

Thanks all.

20. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

EU :'(

Y is it so!!!!!

Tags: