1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Stealthlow - Completed - preview of project next

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 30 Nov 2010.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Good work :thumb:
    62 pages of this kind of work? You must be very tired!

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Been unwinding a little by buying Alice madness returns & I'm loving it so it's been helping freshen up my mind as well as the occasional icy beer :D, what an awesome game it is :thumb:.

When I go into normal pc user mode for a long time I get the itch to make something, same with gaming & Madness returns is keeping me highly entertained :D, the mod is near it's completion so been feeling I can relax a bit now :).

Cheers KidMod :) I remember you saying push it to 100 pages :lol: I didn't think it would get this far & it's close to 1000 pictures :lol::D, the tiring bit during this has been the muckups (so many :D) so having to re-do things until they are right, I'll be having a bit of a time out after this.

AnG3L likes this.
  3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Those last shots made ME happy! I dunno why but it feels like that i am working too on this mod after watching all those steps and feeling all that agony of what is going to happen next!! Man one thing I have to say. You did it! Your patience payed for sure!! Now please go and finish that build asap I cant stand more agony! :) +rep from the bottom of my heart!

4. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Waynio that is just class and in a league of its own, when completed enjoy it to the full; you so deserve to :thumb::)

5. Shael

Shael What's a Dremel?

Wow wanio its almost there mate :thumb: Will be great to see this completed and running with the appropriate amount of bling :D

The front curved panel looks great with the concelled tabs (im glad you ignored my previous recommendation :duh:) The lines are straight and clear and that curve is very sexy :hehe:

Just take it easy now as the finish line is in sight:thumb:

6. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Wayne your build is beautiful, it really reminds me of a cathedral. Take your time and finish the inside to the same level as the exterior and have a complete masterpiece :D

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Been a roller coaster this one hasn't it :hehe: cheers Alex :).

This is what I need to do to call it complete :) there maybe a couple more things I've not thought of, ah yes the copper bottom front panel.

Really if I pushed myself I could possible get this done today but I'd still not be able to call it complete as I need to order more satinising mops, I bought a bunch of different grits to see which I like best & think I like the coarse finish best it leaves more distinctive lines whereas the fine grit ones look like satin so too soft & also leave fingerprints too easily :D.

Make 4 copper fan mount stubs from the 12mm rod.

Cut the 0.5mm stainless steel polished sheet to size & cut out all needed bits for the floor of the 2nd level.

Extend & sleeve the fan wires - this is the 1 I'm least looking forward to doing lol so I should probably get that done today so it's out of the way :D.

Before I go & use the MDPCX cable clips which I bought a load of in all the sizes :lol: I want to try something else out to see if it works well.

Re-brush any parts that need it.

Get a good bunch of shots of the empty case & then a bunch with hardware installed & then with it running :).

Cheers 23RO all scratch builds & case mods are in a league of their own really if they have their own distinctive style but thanks mate :thumb:.

Thanks Shael :) I been trying to unwind a little as all the difficult stuff is now done, the bits needed to be done aren't really easy but should get through it fine as long as I measure & mark correctly so back to the good old rule of measure a few times before marking ;).

Thanks Craig :thumb: I'll try to keep the insides as good :).

Because I can't afford a telephoto lens at the moment I'll have to do all the final shots outside I think & get more practice with the cam & lens, I did take a few outdoor shots but I didn't get them all in perfect focus, it slipped my mind about being able to magnify what I'm shooting in live view to make getting the focus done right easier to get perfect shots with every click.

Was thinking I'd need to splash out for another lens for closer full shots but might not need to, my dad has a pre dslr olympus cam & 3 nice lenses so I just ordered an adapter at £16 so I'll be able to see what I can do with the new lenses, they have been looked after & well packaged up in their cases & in a nice heavilly cushioned carry bag so should still be good, man I'm glad I don't have to buy a couple or a few hundred quid extra lens woo hoo :D theres a sigma telephoto lens, a kiron wide angle lens & a standard olympus lens so yeah I should be able to get good full shots from angles I just can't with the macro lens :thumb:.

----------------

Ugh I only meant to play a couple of hours of Alice but ended up glued to it the rest of the day & a portion of the night :lol:.

Got the lens adapter though but I'm not impressed by the quality of the shots compared to the macro lens I got so I still gotta save up for a good one so I can take full case shots a bit closer.

The extra copper came today so whenever I'm ready to have another go at it I can :).

Last edited: 5 Jul 2011
  8. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I am waiting for more awesomeness man!!!!!! I need my daily dose pl0x! ;)

9. Shael

Shael What's a Dremel?

I completely agree with Ang3l wanio:hehe: we need our fixxxxxxxx starting to get withdrawls:sigh::sigh: where's my :dremel: maybe i can mod the work pc or my pencil :idea:

10. IcyAero

IcyAero What's a Dremel?

11. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

I gotta craving for MOAR! Don't make me get out the sharkie cat again, I will :p

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Been in a bit of a rut the past few days thanks to me thinking I could enjoy a little gaming but it threw my body clock out the window because I got so hooked :lol: but back together again now :rock: & won't be doing any gaming now until this is complete ;).
    Cheers Alex :).

:hehe: No picture updates at the moment but will have some time tomorrow as I done an extra piece to bump up the quality & eye candy :D.
    Cheers Shael :).

:hehe: Should be done by next Friday :D:lol:.
    Thanks mate :).

:D Cheers mate done something nice today but no pictures on it until tomorrow :p.

Hmmmm a bit of gaming when close to the end of a mod isn't a very good idea :D anyway I'm straight again :) so I'll try hard to get something or a lot done this weekend, already made the polished floor panel for the 2nd level & wasn't so bad to cut the stainless steel with the scroll saw but it was only 0.5mm :lol:, got everything I need to complete this now, but I need more satinising mops to give everything a final brushing but everything else I should be able to complete this weekend woo hoo, I originally bought a couple of each grit & like the coarse grit best as it leaves a nice deep brush finish so I ordered 4 more of those earlier :).

But yeah if I dedicate properly I could have it all done this weekend & then when the mops come I just disassemble it all & give a nice fresh brushing, clean the acrylic pieces & put it all together again :thumb:.

13. Chebob

Chebob What's a Dremel?

Reminds me of an old fashioned 30's car :) Nice and sleek looking :)

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:) Thanks Chebob.

Ok some pictures of where it's at with added stainless steel mirror polished 2nd floor installed & everything fits perfect incuding the ssd mount & made sure the psu is still mountable & is :).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a go at doing the optical tray cover but the blades I have aren't adequate to do what I wanted to do, they are great for sheet materials but I tried going through 12mm diameter copper rod & it just takes ages, did cut all the way through it though but also wanted to split the rod down the middle to use a half circle on the tray but yeah it would have overworked the scroll saw for such a small part so need different blades for that really, it's doable but would take hours & hours & don't fancy risking burning out the new saw :) it is possible to use bandsaw blades cut up for this scroll saw though so I'll do that for pieces like this & it should breeze through it & much thicker material :D.

So I think up next I'll make the 4 fan mount stumps as they'll require a hefty amount of filing work :D.

-----------

I got stuck into the fan mount stubs & might have them completed today :D.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2011
  15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Got all the fan mount stubs made & installed, did 1 of them wrong so just re made it :).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So close to finished :).

16. BOBDBONE

BOBDBONE Owner at BS Mods

A true work of art Waynio!!

I just love watching you build this thing. It will be so awesome to see it finished but will be kind of sad because there won't be any more updates... :sigh:

17. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

We're almost done! What a journey its been, I can say how many times you deserve a well done :thumb:

18. Shael

Shael What's a Dremel?

wow :jawdrop: that polished steel look s amazing (i thought there was nothing there) as the refelction was so perfect.

Those fan mounts look great, just gotta wonder about vibrations might need to put some rubber / silicon between the mounts and the fans maybe?

Great job wanio :thumb:

19. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

This is looking sensational dude!

I've gone from being a bit meh - to this is pretty cool - to wow this is shaping up - to DAMN THIS IS HOT!

Well done :D

20. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Wow, didn't realise stainless polished that good :jawdrop:, Nice work on the perfect build, I like your fan design too with the little tabs coming out the side :thumb: