1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Synthetica by AnG3L (Selling most of my parts)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 18 May 2011.

?

Choose which design to follow in order to create the ventilation (page 10)

Poll closed 24 Jun 2011.
  1. 1st design

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. 2nd design

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

When I read you were using fiber glass, I stopped reading your build as I was certain it was going to end up as a dead build, and there was a point where I thought you had ruined it.

I can admit when Im wrong... good work man.

Can I ask what that hunk of FG and filler weighs?

2. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Dead build? Dude, this is Angel:D No dead builds here mate, unlike the many other slackers on this site that takes years to finish theirs (like me)

We frequently see new worklogs from angel, and every time i go:
    [​IMG]

enormous likes this.
  3. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

QFT pOPe!

And :lol: btw!

4. awadon

awadon What's a Dremel?

This is art !!

enormous likes this.
  5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: I know what it's like getting a tiny part body filled nicely so this is a nightmare work load :D, bad ass persistance Alex :jawdrop: & wow that must have been a little worrying putting a dremel to what you done but man it's shaping up as I thought it would :clap::dremel::hip::thumb:.
    +rep :D

6. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Dead build means dead modder for me lolz ;) Thanks man this weighs so far around 8kg. I dunno how much the weight will decrease once I make the vents though!

LoL nice gif bro! Thanks for the support it means a lot Dopey :thumb:

:rock: Pope the Dope, I called him like that and I was true! ;) Thanks bro!

Thanks my friend!!!! :)

Thanks Wayne my friend, for sure this is NOT an easy work I can assure you that after working many years on the heavy industry before my final accident put me out. As I told in the beginning I am putting 100000 per cent of my powers and skills on this mod as a personal goal or something! ;) :thumb:

7. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

The effort is starting to show Alex. The vents look organic, very nice design :)

8. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

Just to make myself clear, when I said I thought it would be a dead build, that wasn't becuase I have no faith in you, I just dont have faith in FG as a material. Dont get me wrong, it's fine when its hard, but to me, it's just such a PITA to work with.

Fair play.

9. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks brother, glad you liked it! :)

No worries mate I didnt misunderstand you (I did though when a company declined my request for sponsorship for that reason omg! lol ) indeed fg can be a nightmare as it is for me right now. I ve been working more than a month on that part 6-8 hours a day but I guess I have a lot of patience..... still! :lol: Stay tuned my friend for more! :)

10. Barry_White

Barry_White What's a Dremel?

This is just amazing work! :jawdrop: keep it going!

Subbed :thumb:

11. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Man you must have extreme patients for sanding to get through all that! Definitely worth it though its turned out very nice :thumb:, also if you ever need to put a small hole into fiberglass for a usb socket or something a small milling bit which can fit in your dremel works surprisingly well.

12. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

There's so much work going into this Alex, I have to admire your patience with it. I would have lost interest by now and thrown it up the road. looking really good, nice work dude.

13. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks brother and welcome aboard! :)

I guess I have bro, I did the vent holes with the dremel mill bit! ;) Thanks for the support mate!

I almost did believe me lolz ;) Thanks buddy I appreciate that! :)

14. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Time for our new and.... maybe last update for some time as I have to move in a new house, if everything goes well!

I will not post comments on the pictures as you already know the drill (sanding, filling, filing etc etc)

I will only say that it took me 40 hours to come to that point and that I ve already primed it and I am working on minor fixes and details right now!
    I also cut a hole for the tubing in a way that I will be able to remove the top without interfering with the tube.
    I also did some changes on one vent and I will work with the acrylic in a way that it will cover the space.
    The primer I am using its a filler primer which is the best for my job as it fills little holes and it works like a thin layer of bondo too!

Enjoy the show guys!!! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats it for now guys I hope you enjoyed my slide-show progress ;) Very very difficult job so far, my right hand cant hold a sandpaper anymore lolz :) Till next time, Peace! :)

enormous likes this.
  15. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Nice vents, and good luck with the move :thumb:

16. kier

kier -----------------

From every angle this build is superb. No updates anymore ???
    Can you not postpone the moving and continue the build first ;)

17. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looks awesome & very very interesting & smooth all over, going to look sooooo sweet when it's painted :), all this sanding is super grueling :lol: love how you don't shy away from trying something daring & a stiff challenge & it's paid off every time in producing crazy awesome cases/mods :D:clap:.

But 1 thing that possibly puzzles me a little I'm not sure :D, 1 of the vents look half done or is it half done awaiting the side to be done or do you have something planned for going in the space?, I'm not asking what will be going there (no surprises spoilt :D) just is it half done or something being put there ;).

All the best with moving & getting settled mate :).

18. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

This is looking wild Alex. I hope the move will put you in a more convenient situation.

19. Watchtown

Watchtown What's a Dremel?

Itsss Aliivvvvveeeeee!

Way to go thinking outside the box^^:thumb:

20. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Alex, superb, awesome vision. A little imagination and this would be an awesome house, hmmm build a bigger one and move in to it :D