1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Hydro H50 CPU Cooler Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 29 Jul 2009.

1. whamio

whamio What's a Dremel?

zesbotte,
    fwiw
    i,ve got one installed on i7 930 oc 4.00 on the same mobo...push pull into case ( 800d case). 3 fans on top taking heat out.
    my temps are identical to yours.... using coretemp
    i've wondered if i put the heat transfer paste on incorrectly. (too much)
    not sure on the pump connector ...will chk it. ..
    thanks for posting your temps ..I was wondering the same thing.
    thinking of trying the Chill tech thermoelectric but haven't given up on h50 yet.
    i built this thing to game so when i tire of gaming i work on the problems.

2. Sgt.Bilko

Sgt.Bilko What's a Dremel?

I've got one too and I can't get anywhere near those results. I'd be very satisfied if I could reach your temps.
    My rig:- Corsair Hydro Series H50 with 2 fans.
    Cooler Master CM Storm Sniper Black with an extra 140mm fan in the floor a Scythe Slip Stream SM1425SL12H
    ASUS P6X58D-E
    Core i7 I7-930 8 MB
    Corsair Dominator 3 x 2 GB
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5970 with Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME 5970
    or 2 x Saphire HD4890 in CrossfireX. I've tried both setups.
    I've tried intake and exhaust mode and even with the HD4890s blowing all their warm air out the back. My temps are dangerously high when gaming with a modest OC of 3.6GHz.
    After a half hour of online Battlefield Bad Company 2 I'm up, way up over 70 degrees, 75-78 degrees infact. Let's not get started on stress test temps!
    My room temp is 22-23 degrees and my idle is 48-49 degrees.
    So I've either got a very hot CPU or a dud H50. I don't think my case is to blame, with a 200mm intake fan at the front and a 140mm fan in the floor. A 240mm in the side and 2 x 120mm on the H50. I've lately installed an extra 120mm fan top front just to try something, but it has no effect.
    I'm stumped.
    Any ideas?
    ps. I must say, I find it surprising that the temps in the review are so low. After reading reviews on other websites.
    for example http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/corsair_h50_review/4
    Those temps are nearer mine and contradict the temps in this review especially with regard to the H50 soundly beating the Noctua NH-D14. A result i haven't seen before.
    How can two well established and respected websites have so different results.?
    One of you got it wrong....

3. Sgt.Bilko

Sgt.Bilko What's a Dremel?

[/QUOTE]....especially with regard to the H50 soundly beating the Noctua NH-D14. A result i haven't seen before.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah... sorry I am mixing your reviews a bit. I saw in one of your Akasa cooler reviews, that the Noctua NH-D14 got the same results as the ThermalTake 120 xxxx in this review. I find that hard to believe.

4. Toga

Toga What's a Dremel?

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm getting similar temps to the posters above, 46° idle & topping 70° at full load. I have an i7 920 in an antec 1200 using 1 intake on the radiator. I think my main problem is it's not getting much cool air to suck in. my room temp is around 20°, the case is sitting on top of a desk but the area behind it is always a lot hotter even with around 6-8" clearance. I've been trying to find a way to redirect cooler air to the back of the case but to no avail.

The case has 3 intake fans at the front, a large roof exhaust, and 2 exhaust fans at the back, the lower of which is now the intake for the radiator. It seems that the hot air is moving out through the upper rear exhaust & getting sucked straight back through the lower radiator again, but I can't be 100% sure on that.

I hadn't really thought too much of the temps as while gaming it never reached above 60°, but while starting up my smp bigadv folding after a break from it thats when I noticed how high the temps were getting & realised something wasn't right.

Tags: Add Tags