1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Corsair 600T White Water Cooled Build (Completed)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Kojack51, 7 Jul 2011.

1. DarthBane

DarthBane What's a Dremel?

This is a great mod, i really am tempted to have a go at watercooling looking at this! :thumb:

2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Looks so simple to do but so clean and neat, but what a finish 10/10

3. miahallen

miahallen Team IRONMODS - World Champions!

Great work on the window...looks great!

I'm curious if you saw my build before you did yours?

4. Kojack51

Kojack51 What's a Dremel?

Thanks mackraney,
    1)If your using a i3/5/7 chip i would say thats fine as they run quite cool, even overclocked they are very good compared to older chips, im not sure about AMD chips as i had a bad one a long time ago and havent bought one since.
    2)You will need two for each water cooled part you install (one for in/one for out) so 6 for your loop. Size wise you will need 1/2" x 3/4" compression fittings for that hose with G1/4" threads as all of your equipment fits that size of thread (which is pretty much standard). I would go for an all in one fluid thats the colour you want, make sure it contains a biocide to prevent algea growth. It gets expensive if you start buying dyes, RO water and biocides.
    Also that Rad you have listed is quite thick, make sure you dont have any power connectors at the top of your mobo (im assuming your using a 600T case) or you will have problems with the Rad being in the way. The Rad i bought was one of thinest at just over 30mm after measuring (which is why i fitted the pc components before ordering water cooling bits) how much room i had and my top power connector only just fit.
    If you didnt want the expense of a full custom loop you could always go for a corsair all in one CPU water cooler, sure it doesnt look as nice but its much cheaper and just fits to the CPU and rear fan port. Just for info :thumb:

Last edited: 12 Jul 2011
  5. Kojack51

Cheers miahallen, i hadnt seen your build, infact i didnt look at any 600T builds until i had the case and realised i couldnt fit a 240Rad to the front :duh:. I did also think about going for black tubing in a black case but went for white in the end as i wanted a change of case colour :)
    Thats a very nice set up, i wanted to go SLI but just couldnt justify the extra cost :sigh:

6. Kojack51

Incase anyone is interested in air flow through the case i have the fans set like this so the mobo heatsinks get some air movement over them too. I have also wired them up to the case fan controller.

[​IMG]

This pic shows how good the case is at hiding all the cables and wires to give that clean look.
    I have also added a couple of white strip lights to brighten the case up. :cooldude:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Jul 2011
  7. Stem83

Stem83 Addicted to modding.

nice!!! good work with the cable hiding

8. rayson

rayson Damn sure it was legal

woah awesome build !
    but the most important question where did you get the radiator

9. rayson

the front intake one

10. mackraney23

mackraney23 What's a Dremel?

@Kojack51
    Thanks for the reply, but i am now going to add 2 sli gtx 580s to the loop.
    I bought 2 hydropcopper 580s so i wont need to worry about getting gpu blocks. With that being said i am going to get the Phobya xtreme 200mm rad and put in the front like you have it. I also have the 600t case so im hoping the XSPC 240mm rad will fit up top. And do you have push/pull fans on the rads or are they both sucking in air? or exhausting hair? so taking look at what im getting do you thing i am missing anything? Thanks alot.
    cpu block
    240mm rad
    200mm rad
    fittings . need help on how many i need sense im adding a rad and 2 gpus
    res/pump
    also getting 1/2 id 3/4 od tubing and coolant/biocides.

11. Kojack51

12. miahallen

miahallen Team IRONMODS - World Champions!

Cheers Kojack...the white looks excellent :D

13. Kojack51

2 x hydrocopper 580's :eeek: Nice.
    Im not sure how much heat they kick out but my loop can take a lot more heat so im sure you will be fine with decent fans. I was seeing 55deg running Prime 95 on a very hot day with the CPU clocked at 4.5mhz which is as bad as its going to get. Im yet to see anything above 45deg running games.
    I only have rad fans on push, there is room to go push/pull on the front rad but depending on your mobo it might be a squeeze at the top. Ive only used one of the crappy case fans for the front rad and my temps are all fine so if you find yours are high you can always add extra/better fans.
    Fittings you will need eight for the the Rads, CPU, reservoir/pump combo. The GPU,s you can use fittings and hose or buy an SLI connector so it depends how you want to do it.
    I cant stress enough that fitting the PC components (and cables) first and measuring what space you have is the way to go before ordering your water cooling parts :geek:

14. mackraney23

mackraney23 What's a Dremel?

Thanks alot kojack ill keep you updated on my rig whens its all finished.

15. Redbeard

Redbeard What's a Dremel?

This mod looks fantastic, great work!

16. Kojack51

Final build pics....

I doubt i will change much else, im not 100% happy with the light locations but the cables are short so it will do for now, i may add a UV led to the reservoir at some stage, possible change the RAM heatsinks to blue ones and may change the case fan to a white one but its nothing really.
    Filling the water cooling system was a lot less painfull than i thought it might be. I filled the case with kitchen roll and gradually filled the reservoir with a large syringe. It took a good couple of hours running to get all the bubbles out by tapping the tubing and tipping the case in all directions but it runs silent now :D
    I have set alarm points for temperatures incase things get too hot (or if the pump fails).
    Ive not seen any temps above 45deg whilst gaming and having the fans at min so im very happy considering its summer and im done with the overclocking :lol:

I have it on the desk for easy access atm but i will move it to another desk soon, having the two screens makes it very easy to monitor temps and run benchmark programs.

[​IMG]

Front left

[​IMG]

Back side - spot the special item from ebay :D :D :D

[​IMG]

Front other side

[​IMG]

Inside showing lights and water circuit running

[​IMG]

Thanks for everyones comments, i hope you like the final look :D

17. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Where did you get those rads from? Great build btw :D

18. B1ackbeard

B1ackbeard Browncoat

Wow, really nice work. A 200mm rad at the front - I'll have to show this to the chassis product manager :)

Loving the Storm Trooper transfer too!

19. rayson

20. Kojack51

Thanks for all the comments :naughty:

Special tech :read:

Im going to order a white typhoon fan this week for the back to clean up the look a bit.
    Ive been looking for blue RAM heatsinks for the corsair memory but im not having much luck :blah: