1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News FarmVille dev accused of copyright infringement

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 20 Jul 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'm sure when Farmville first came out on FB, there was already another game very similar to it. Which Farmville looked to have just been copy and pasted from.

*reads more of article*
    It must have been Farm Town.

No one seemed to care though, and Farmville took off and the other one was left to die.
    Hence why I removed all Zynga games from my profile, (and then stopped playing silly FB games, :D )

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

'Social gaming' is a new way for bored people to waste time. It makes me want to stab myself in the face with a fork.

4. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I'd rather stab myself in the face with a spoon then play them, though...I did get rather addicted to Assassins Creed Legacy on it..

But how much do these games make now? Thousands? When you have people paying to plant a Banana seed or put a potato in the ground? I think they all should be sue'd....

5. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

All I have to say about Zynga and Social Gaming is that I hope they stay out of Google+.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

+1

Google is my paradise away from those stupid games and stupid apps. yet some tech blogs rank this as a negative for G+.

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I hardly see any games/apps on facebook anymore.
    And will someone please tell me whats so good about Google+! To me it just looks like a facebook clone :/

8. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Didn't the makers of Angry Birds also 'borrow' the physics engine they used and not credit the engine maker? There was a video of the engine guy confronting one of the Angry Birds guys at a small conference, hugely entertaining, will hunt it out later.

Also there was an almost identical app released on the app store to another, strange named game, can't remember it's name right now.

I think code theft is probably more prevalent than we know about.

added: can anyone recommend any games on Facebook, and I mean quality games not tedious sheep farming - but with maybe a great economic model that requires a bit of thought.

9. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Like I said, I really enjoyed the Assassins Creed game on there, yes its based on what most the games are like on Facebook already, but I enjoyed it due to the story on it.

10. leveller

Jake is it a multiplayer game? I meant to say that when I was asking for advice.

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Well, you an add friends to it and that, like the usual bullcrap.

But really its more of a single player game.

12. leveller

Yeah, I'm not in to "here is a sheep for your farm" kind of games, I was thinking more like age of empires or other type of RTS that offered more depth.

Something like Planetarion or Astronest even.

Tags: Add Tags