1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Amy Winehouse is dead

Discussion in 'General' started by Gunsmith, 23 Jul 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

It doesn't and no one is asking for sympathy (as far as I'm aware). What most are doing is expressing sorrow that she's going to create no more music and perhaps being appalled by the hatred and callousness generated by her death.

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Perhaps the most apparent misconception I can see (or at least believe that it is a misconception) is that there is a consensus of sorts that she was in fact in control of her life. That's utter bull**** as far as I know. Addiction (having known a few and having stages of my own life where I had an addiction (of sorts) is something that spins out of control, it's why it's called addiction.

Yes I will admit Winehouse did have perhaps the ability or at least potential to point everything in the right direction, but with the immense pressure she has being under public and private scrutiny coupled with her already out of control substance abuse, it was only a matter of time.

Sad yes, tragic no, she (hopefully) knew the consequences of her actions, however anyone who doesn't have the reins to the situation can only helplessly continue down the path, be it oblivion or not. Personally I am not very saddened by her death, it was expected and was going to happen eventually, what does sadden me though, is that people are not capable of at least understanding that addiction (coupled with the naivete and the pressures of that life (all lives are stressful)) is not exactly something that one can control. Once you've hit what is called addiction, there is no going back, a person is no longer themselves.

3. Steve @ CCL

Steve @ CCL CCL Tech. Support

Couldn't have said it better my self, I think some of the people here posting in what seems to be her "defence" aren't simply Amy Winehouse fans who feel she's unjustly getting insulted. I think some of us are people who have also faced similar addictions or lost friends / family in similar circumstances.

4. atblack1

atblack1 Don't bother me please.

Very opinionated these last couple of weeks aren't we? I wouldn't like to request an return with you, lord knows I would only facepalm while on the phone.

Canon likes this.
  5. el2k

el2k Modder

Refer to sig.

Steve's obviously.

Steve @ CCL likes this.
  6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Are you seriously suggesting that a person expressing a personal opinion on a geek forum precludes him from being able to act professionally in his job?

Boundaries, dude. Some people do have them.

Steve @ CCL likes this.
  7. Steve @ CCL

Steve @ CCL CCL Tech. Support

I'm not quite sure how having an opinion on her death in anyway reflects my ability to deal with a customers technical support enquiry (I don't work in returns) ;) although if for any reason you do have the pleasure of dealing with me on our Technical Support line, I promise I won't mention Amy Winehouse at any point during the call. :thumb:

8. Canon

Canon Reformed

Reading this thread is like watching neanderthals chase after a tiger that just splashed them with water....seriously.

She's dead, none of us know EXACTLY how she achieved such lows, so nobody is right. You're just trying to feed your own egos and coming across as right prats, me included but I like being a prat :)

Some of you would start an argument in an empty room.

9. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Wow, is this Bit-tech?

I thought this was filled with kind people, who have discussions and not a vulture fest?

All I can say is RIP Amy Winehouse.

Thats all.

Now I'm off to find another Technology Forum, as this one acts like a child that has just got out of nursery on a friday afternoon.

10. el2k

el2k Modder

Oh no I wouldn't!

Sorry, had to >.<

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

12. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

More like, Whiney Amhouse HA!

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'm not a big fan of sensorship or of heavy moderation. In my opinion, the best way to deal with flawed or evil ideas is not to supress them where they can fester, but to expose them to the sterilising light of logic and reason and reveal them for what they are.

But then I said to myself: "**** it, I'm closing this thread." Because we've been here before with the Jade Goody thread, and it looks like we haven't grown up one bit since. I'll conclude this now with what I said then:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.