1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows THE bit-tech StarCraft 2 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Horizon, 5 Jul 2010.

1. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Would that be EU living or EU server?

No point taking part if I can't win cause I'm 2 far away. :duh:

2. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

EU server I would assume since its an Online torny.

3. Pughy

Pughy Fancy a game of Starcraft?

Sooo...

I got beat by a pro last night in a US tourny, was also casted. http://www.justin.tv/frodan/b/290963346 its the first game which starts like 5 minutes into the VoD. It was pretty close, just a little micro mixup and I forgot to chrono my warpgate which made it like 5 seconds late, my fault I guess for being baked and staying up late to play NA tournies.

Player was RGNPerfect, used to be VTPerfect. Was PvP.

Last edited: 26 Jul 2011
  4. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

could you fix the link please pughy!

...I am hating zvp at the moment - P is too hard! anyway good job of getting into the tournament in the first place!

5. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Ahh the fickelty of PvP micro wars/chrono timing

Unlucky man....havnt had a chance to check out the VOD....was it just 2 offensive 4 gates against each other??? 20 probes....2 stalkers, zealot, wg completes, micro battle from there??

6. Pughy

link updated! yeah it was pretty much that whindog, it was a US tourny so i had 2 play at like 2 am and i was alittle high so i cocked up a couple of times. I didn't micro my stalkers aswell as i should have (should have killed his probe) and my gates were a alittle late. was still epic tho playin a pro/being casted.

7. felix the cat

just watched it - unlucky mate - I think that PvP with both going 4gate is a bit like rock paper scissors - when you lost those stalkers out on the map (you briefly had 3 stalkers vs 2 stalkers + zealot) and he got to warp in a round of 4 stalkers it was pretty much over. maybe a last ditch sentry to block the ramp, but that would mean less stalkers for you :(

how come you went 2 gate + another 2 later on, rather then the classic 1 + 3 later on?

8. Pughy

I go for the 2 gate 3 stalkers for more dominant early map control. I had the better unit count (3 stalkers > 2 stalkers 1 zealot) and the purpose of the build is mainly to stop a proxy pylon/kill the probe. But I was stupid and went for the stalkers, then I accidently messed up by leaving my stalkers outside my base and my warpgate tech was about 10-5s late which made a difference.

Alot of people think that PvP is abit of a cointoss but personally I disagree. When you have pretty identical builds it comes down to who is the better refined player.

9. felix the cat

sure - but also the smallest thing can make a difference - ie. you warpagate coming 5s later! no matter who the more refined player is - that will screw you over!

10. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

3 Stalker rush is solid but as you say u have to get the probe and possibly pick off the zealot for free.

Refinement is the key, and it shows when u have a 74% win rate in PvP like i do :D

But i wont boast too much. It is only high diamond league players after all....some of which still dont know how to 4 gate correctly. :s

11. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Dbl Post...

Sry :s

Last edited: 2 Aug 2011
  12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well season 3 is not going to bad, 2nd in my ladder but didnt get promotion which is enoying still stuck in bronze.

Doing fine against terran and protoss, except for the marine/zealot rush which ive had a few times can see it coming but fail to repsond to it the right way. Zerg is a pain either is 6 pool rush which is a pain in the arse or its just having mass ling/roaches or banelings.

13. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

If your worried about the zealot rush thing.....and want an easy response......

Just wall in when playing pvp. I used to do that adn it was easy to hold of by having 1 zealot in the gap and quickly getting out a sentry and some stalkers with a typical 4 gate. another way to do it is to jsut put down the extra gateway to match them in production, cause then your ahead as you dont have the travel distance, defenders advatage :D and you can even start wg tech whilst holding it off.....

Be sure that when the first zealot is fighting your zealot that you use a probe to attck it as well, thus ensureing victory and an extra zealot for latter on which is very handy.

6 pool --> Put down your normal 13gate but when you scout 6 pool stop probe production add a second gate.....(Forge is also a possibility)....and chrono out zealots....no probe production, unless you go forge then you can sqeeze a few probes out whilst forge is building,...and for all other zerg pushes, you really need force fields. the roach liong all in can be tough to hold at any level. But def need those sentrys with stalkers and a couple of zealots. If pure ling (for some ungodly reason) sentry zealotFF around your sentrys and create a choke for your zealots to do there work. If they push up ramp with lings FF behind them and let zealots go to work.

Marines ---> scout it comming get out some zealots and some sentrys. FF behind marines so they cant kite your zealots and let your zealots rip them to shreds. Also a good idea to move out with first zealot and stalker to pressure front and get some solid scouting. Can kill 4-5 marines easy if they dont micro properly. If you see a maruder/tech lab. Try do some damage, but jsut remember you can walk back to your base. (zealot stalker push not recomended on masive maps..talderim/typhons peaks unless your happy with your micro and multitasking ability. You dont want to lose any units in the push, lose the zealot is ok, loseing both it not good.

There are some basic ideas to hold of those rushes. As you see it more youll find what unit composition deals well em. Terrna pushes really need sentry zealot, Zerg Roach pushes neesd sentry stalker. That next step will come with practice. But when you get it right, its an easy satisfying win.

Hope that helps you out.

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Thanks for the info, early scouting i need to improve more as there is a gap before i send up a oberserver etc if i send one.

With zerg six pool i need to be faster will the wall in, have lost it a few times by not getting it quick enough. Recent game i played had the 6 pool, created a choke point on top of my ramp with 2 probes to block with a zealot behind.

A drone attacked and pulled one of the probes out of the block- lings got through i manged to defeat them had to pull all probes off the line to assit zealots.

Zerg player then expanded- i waited for a few zealots about 4-5 before pushing by the time i did he had 2 spine crawlers a few lings and a queen etc on the expansion.

Ended up loosing the game to a baneling rush after defending for most of the game.

15. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Seems atm zerg is better against protoss though i need to change up my builds more and scout alot more.

16. nabcakes

nabcakes What's a Dremel?

Man I love sc2 and watch just about as much footage as I can but my gameplay is naff, using a old laptop lol

17. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

18. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

A shameless bump if iv ever seen one. :p

Boxer is one of the classiest legends youll ever see.

Micheal Jordans HOF induction speech any1???

If you ahvnt seen it, watch it and you will understand that class is something that should be appreciated.

19. felix the cat

...what are everyone's thought on the new patch coming out?

I guess finally Immortals will get used a bit more, and the festor nerf does not seem too bad! (even though I play zerg).

The rax build time seems minimal but loads of bitcheen about it on TL :s

20. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Ultralisks need to be stronger or cheaper. They just arent worth it.

Tags: