1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Damn shingles haven't buggered off still, the rash has still yet to blister too :grr:

All I get is a painful to move left arm along with itchiness and stabbing pains on my shoulder blade and armpit. Ugh.

Being stuck in the house for four days is driving me mad too, I got out on the bike this afternoon which made me happier for a while but now I'm bored as hell again. The only good part is that I have time off work, just I can't use it as I can't, strictly speaking, go out.

2. dramatik

dramatik Minimodder

wondering if I should go uni has left me in la la land for ages!

3. Psycho

Psycho Average

Change.

No, I don't hate Obama.
    No, I'm not poor. Well not yet anyways...

It feels like I was born in the wrong place, everyone I know likes what I hate with my life, except for a very few bunch people. My best friend was like me time ago, now he's slowly turning into what I hate, it feels bad...I'm not selfish, but when all the people I know and share common interests can be counted with only one hand, it hits really bad.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Change happens, but the best of us are the ones who can go with the flow and accept it. While you can stop change from occurring, is it really your place to do so?

In any case, it could be a case of just finding the right people, or just merely coping with it. You can't stay in the same place forever, because it's impossible for any of us to predict where that change will lead for the better or worse. So don't be so spiteful towards it. :thumb:

5. frizzeh

frizzeh What's a Dremel?

You're not actually infectious until you have the blisters, so you could go out :p

6. TOLLEY

TOLLEY What's a Dremel?

Just feel generally fed up, bf that is unable to make his mind up with what he wants, unfortunately I can't wait around forever !

mvagusta likes this.
  7. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Working two manual jobs with double the hours and no days off a week for the same money as my previous one.

+No gf prospects at all

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Kinda sorta ill, but not enough to really take it easy... Which means the flu just isn't going anywhere any time soon :(

9. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Ah, I meant the blisters have yet to pop, so I am infectious, I had a rash on Friday and it quickly blistered.

10. Fiyero

Fiyero Vindaloovian

Sciatica! It's crap. I now have excercises to try and take the pain from my leg/dead foot back to my back.

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Date's off. Blah.

12. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

The wait for confirmation of Uni place, I've got hte UCAS points 320 from course and I need 280.. and then another 120 from welsh bacc which is included but still.. the wait is killing me :/

13. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

The wait to hear back if I got any of the jobs I applied for; I have an interview/ induction at a 2.5 hour a week cleaning job on saturday, but the other cleaning job for 18-20 hours has yet to get back to me after my interview last wednesday, and I applied for a 35hour kitchen porter job monday.

I may end up being still on the hunt for something closer to full time, still looking for another part time job, or I may end up with 3 jobs and become richer than my wildest dreams ( already drawing up purchasing lists now if I get lucky ). :lol:

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Haven't been here in a while :worried: Maybe that's a good thing :hehe:

People are going to find this really trivial, but right at this moment, it's pissing me off! I recently started playing CSS and COD4 again, two games that I used to really enjoy playing and put a lot of time into to perfect my playing technique (think Gunsmith and Crysis, Unicorn and CSS...). I've been far too busy to play lately, but about a week ago I started missing it more than ever and like I said it's something I used to really enjoy doing so I started playing again.

The thing is, I suck. I was always the sort of player who had to put in 20 hours a week just to stay on top of the competition because CSS especially is such a competitive game when you get up to that level. Having not played for months it's taking me ages to get sharp again. Being tired all the time doesn't help at all, and CSSDM is as ruthless as ever, I just basically ragequit a CSSDM session because I was getting unbelievably bad and difficult spawns (spawning in front of 3-5 enemies 10 times in a row etc) and am obviously too tired to have good reactions tonight. All this is bad because I had planned on starting a UK CSS clan again at the start of next year and you can't recruit decent players if you can't hit a barn door yourself >.<

But gaming aside, being tired is basically what's ruining my life at the moment, it not only makes my reactions in trivial things like online games suck, it makes me cranky sometimes, and makes it really hard for me to be 100% focused at work :/ I really wish I could sleep better :(

Last edited: 28 Jul 2011
  15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Got a screamer of a headache. Think it's headed into cluster territory. Better start eating so I can take my pain pills...

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Oh pish posh. You're just BAAAAAD.

I hadn't played TF2 for almost 6 months, got my Macbook Pro (funny, I know) and I was topping leaderboards and getting kicked for 'h4x' in no time. WINRAR IS ME.

Seriously, though, I can empathize. I hate being good at something and losing my touch. I am exactly like that, for instance, with golf.

17. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Don't waste that £300 of birthday money on him.

18. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

My boss is a complete bowel movement.

I'm here before he is, I leave after he does. He moans about money every five seconds despite being paid twice as much as I get. He's rolling around in a 7 series BMW ffs. I try my hardest to get everything done on time within work hours, and it doesn't seem enough. And while im working he's watching shite on television. If it wasn't for needing the job for a mortgage I would have told him to go for a long walk already. Total cock milk.

That and this was a PHP developers position. I have yet in 2 years touched PHP as he's an ASP developer and doesn't understand it.

That and he's just had a go at me because he doesn't want to do his own job. ****ing joke.

Looking for a Job. Midlands area PHP Developer. PM me if you have a job going.

Last edited: 28 Jul 2011
  19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Script kidies hammering my secured web server, i hate them for wasting my VPS server bandwidth.

PS: By script kidies i mean the ones using automated tools to try to log in via SSH - they tried to login 10k times in last 2 weeks,mostly as root (which is funny as root login is disabled). Also the ones searching for PMA installations, for open proxies, for DLink routers (no comment), for open DAV servers... I wonder how will it look few months later (VPS server is just 2 weeks old).

20. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Oh one more thing, my boss at work is kinda annoying (nothing new I know).

Told him last friday that unfortunatly I'm going to have to stop working with my last day being the 3rd of August as im having a shoulder operation on the 5th which they said will take ~6 weeks recovery time depending how fast I recover from **** etc. after which Im going to uni the other side of the country. At first he took it ok but then 10-15 mins later he called me over and semi had a go at me about leaving and how he feels he wasted his time training me for me to leave now etc. (been there ~ 2 months this week) He also went on about when I found out about the op etc which was the wednesday before I got confirmation on the date etc.

Since then he's been ok again etc. but last night I was on the rota to work 12 till 6 or 8, I had a small break around 5 ish so I knew I was on till 8 but then at 8ish I was told by the assistant managers I guess you'd call em (hard to explain the system where I work xD) that my boss told them to keep me till 10 without even telling or asking me to do overtime :/