1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Can i fit this!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grritsshawn, 28 Jul 2011.

1. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

Okay well i was gonna do a scratch build but i realize that half my tools are ruined because of a basement flood so i wanted to know if this will all fit into the corsair 700d and if a corsair 800d window panel will fit the case or not

Could i fit the XSPC RX360 extreme rad in the top of the 700d and also will that rad be good enough to cool

mosfets and south bridge, Core i5 750 oc to 3.2ghz, 8gb of dominator ram, 2 gtx 460 evga ssc.

2. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

i don't see why the 800d windowed side panel wouldn't fit onto the 700d, they are basically the same case as far as I know, did seem a bit odd to me that the 800d is what £220? while the 700d is £160 or something like that? And I'm pretty sure the side panel doesn't cost £80

As for cooling as long as you have good fans, decent pumps and your room isn't a furnace, also you not using to many volts for that i5 overclock, and @ 3.2 Ghz I wouldn't think you would be. But yes you should be fine with just the one rad, the rx 360 is a very good rad. Also your cooling RAM? WHY?

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

It'll easily do that with good fans, but don't bother with the RAM. Modern DDR3 uses very low voltages and produces next to no heat (the heat pipes on my Reapers are overkill). The only time you'd need to is if your trying to OC your RAM and pumping many volts into it, with on modern CPU's would burn out the memory controller anyway...

All it'll do it add un-needed restriction to your loop...

4. grritsshawn

Thinking it would make the build look more completed and it will go with my black and blue theme because right now my ram is red

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Just sell the RAM and buy blue stuff then. It'll just be a waste of money to watercool it and it'll negatively affect your loop cooling...

6. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Just to confirm, yes, the 800D side panel will fit the 700D. The only difference in the two cases is the side panel window, and the hot-swap HDD bays.

As for the rad, you can fit up to a 480 in the top without too much modification (you have to cut the top and fit in a rad cover).

As for cooling performance... tough call, and it depends greatly on the fans used. If you're NOT looking to overclock more than 3.2 on the CPU, and you're not going to be overclocking the rest, you should be fine. You will more than likely have pretty warm temperatures with a single 360 running the CPU, chipset, and the GPUs, though it will be within operating specs for everything.

My question, is why not just go for an air-cooled build? Even something like the Corsair H100 for the CPU and a couple of good aftermarket heatsinks for the GPUs would give similar performance while being a large margin cheaper than a full water setup...

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The RX360 will easily handle his kit, dead beat has 3 580's on one and he gets good temps, I have one for my system and I hit 60C on the CPU wil a 4GHz OC @ 1.34v, and my CPU kicks out way more heat than his...

8. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

What fans are you using, and at what speed?

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Gentle Typhoons, 1850rpm

10. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

That'd explain why you're getting the performance you are. :p

It all comes down to the fans... The GT's are arguably the best you can buy for a liquid cooling setup, but they're also some of the most expensive @ nearly $20 a piece.

If he doesn't want to spend as much on fans as he does on the rad, he'd have to trade-off fan speed / noise for performance.

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

They're basically a tenner each here, and for that price are well worth it...

12. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

indeed, especially when you considered the newer versions are double that price.

13. grritsshawn

Another question would i be able to do this in the top part

240rad>fans>240rad?

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Sandwhich? I've seen testing that basically says, no. You get muchly reduced performance.

15. grritsshawn

so 360 rad it is maybe ill find a way to add a rad to the bottom of the case like a tj07

16. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut