1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Giving away my Humble Indie Bundle key for free on desura!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ferrero94, 29 Jul 2011.

1. Ferrero94

Ferrero94 What's a Dremel?

Guess the last letter to win it :)

Hint : Its a letter from the alphabet ;P

HIB3A-26EQT-PDU2X-GGUNV-RMIT?

Already activated my code on steam so no need for me to use this desura one! (What the hell is a desura anyways?)

If it is already taken you can pay for the game using this website http://www.humblebundle.com/ and pay what you want for it! (Don't be a scumbag and put $0.01... and put in something at least respectable like I did!)

Ill post the last letter if the person who wins it claims it!

2. Ferrero94

Protip: It's M

3. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

Seems no one on bit-tech uses desura...

4. Ferrero94

^ It appears not...

Oh well the bundle is a great amount of fun so is well worth parting 5 or so dollars for it :)

5. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

So basically you've purchased and activated the HIB (utterly pointless exercise since you could have downloaded a DRM-free copy anyway) and are offering "another" copy to someone else?

Unless you are making (or have made) a second donation to cover that, what you are doing is copyright infringement - made worse by this being a charity fundraiser. I suggest you reconsider or reword your offer.

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Get off your high horse. Giving one amount for one copy of the same as splitting the amount for two copies. There's no copyright infringement. This has come up with the last two HIB's as well as the developers have not only said it's OK, they've actively encouraged it.

7. Ferrero94

^
    ^

I consider this free advertisement for the company anyways... Don't know if anybody has claimed it yet but still grab it before you lose your chance :D

8. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

Really? A look at the Wolfire blog Saving a penny -- pirating the Humble Indie Bundle turns up the following:

"If you are deadset on pirating the bundle, please consider downloading it from BitTorrent instead of using up our bandwidth! Also, even though you are pirating our games, please tell some of your friends about the Humble Indie Bundle. Posting to Facebook, telling your Twitter followers, (or simply talking to someone) sure doesn't require a credit card."

That hardly seems to be OKing the sharing of links or keycodes. Other sites have offered copies of HIB, but they paid/donated for them first.
    HIB has been announced and discussed in this thread - that's free advertising. Your original post in contrast, if anyone took it up, would almost certainly lose HIB a potential donor.

9. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Hardly. You've already paid for the DRM-free, Steam and desura keys when you donate. Personally, I bought the pack at the going rate that was being donated, and I got all three. What I do with them is my choice. I haven't downloaded the DRM-free versions because,

a) I want to save them the bandwidth, and
    b) I want to add the games to my Steam account for easy access in the future, plus I can use Valve's bandwidth then.

If I were to give the desura key to someone, I would still NOT be using the developers' bandwidth, which is EXACTLY what the post you mentioned was about. I have, however, bought the right to download at least 1 copy from them, plus use the keys I have been given. Regardless of whether I use them myself or not, they haven't lost a donor, simply because I'm not using more than the allocated amount of keys that I purchased myself.

10. Ferrero94

I Doubt that anyone has taken this code at the moment any-ways plus it's not as if this code is benefiting me in anyway (Certain people have been selling them for items in games like TF2 and WoW to unsuspecting people.). However the 100+ views from this thread may of show people what the Bundle is enticing them to buy the game pack properly although the thread you have posted has done this in a cleaner way than I have done.

11. Ferrero94

Exactly what I did ( But more so for the convenience of it being on steam more than everything else)