1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other i43 Attendance

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DLDeadbolt, 21 Jul 2011.

1. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Been thinking of going since my usual LAN fix is dead in the water atm, and have never been before.

What can I expect by going, and who else here is going?

2. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well it should be quite a expenerice, think dreamhack sort of scale with the halls with everyone in them and a large om nom nom shop in the middle.

Touneys
    Kingston CS:S Cup - Up to £15k!
    Razer Starcraft2 - Up to £5k!
    Tt.Esports HoN Cup - Up to £9.6k!
    Brink
    Call of Duty 4 - Up to £9.6k!
    Halo Reach - Up to £15k!
    League Of Legends - Up to £9.6k!
    Magic the Gathering
    Minecraft
    Team Fortress 2 - Up to £13.5k!
    World Cyber Games

Covers quite a few, so will see alot of pro teams etc attending to compete.

Exhibition should be very large this event as well as the stage should hopefully be alot of exhibtors there, more always get confirmed nearer the event.

Im going and it should be a really good lan- hopefully the weather is good, best to check out the offical i43 site for info, i can answer any questions you have etc, been to countless lans now.

3. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

I'm going to this one. The venue looks like it should be good, especially if they manage to fill up both halls.

4. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Just wanted to hear people's feedback about the event, and see who else is going as I'll be attending by myself.

5. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Actually, if anyone has been a staff member/volunteer before, what was it like?

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

If you want to find out about staff member/volunteer its best to go to the mpuk forum or try the mpuk irc channel as there plenty of staff and volunteers on there.

As for the event it will be similar to when lan was at stonelighly for atmosphere so expect it to be loud- especialy if you are near css players, heat should be alot better as Telford has roof vents etc so can cool the venue easier. Local amminities are all there so the event looks promising, it will be a case of going and seeing how the event is as its a new venue.

Lan has always been a great time, weekend can fly by but its worth going as you will meet alot of people and have a good time.

7. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

*Bump*

Any other attendees coming?

Already booked my ticket, would be good to meet up with some folks there

8. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

I went to i28 I think it was at Newbury race course. Great fun, although I did go with 4 other CS players for the world cyber games qualifiers.

Rememetable for 3 things on my part, amazing fun with a good group of lads and had a great laugh. Played my last ever game of CS at the tournament after finishing 3rd or 4th don't remember with behind 4 kings and the winners Goldbrick. Finally God awful setup of the admins and tournament, no admins on server during games, no one knew what was happening as the admins kept changing there minds/map/matches and in the the leaders of each team agreed the format and had to tell the admins how we'd be doing it. Oh plus they said HLTV WLwas recording when it wasn't so I missed out on a 5v1 ace video on LAN.

So I hope there admin of tournaments had improved slightly.

9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I think aBhorsenn is going.

10. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

a lot of my UKCS friends are going this year.

11. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The admins have improved alot, especialy in css since about the i30's i think, though most admins are volunteers and are not paid so they do a good job.

12. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Haven't been to one since i17. It wasn't as fun after they stopped letting you take your own booze in and transfer a bazillion TB's of data over the network.. :p

13. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Meh, well I've paid for the ticket & train, so will give feedback after the weekend

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Lan is now 'mere hours' 2224 people lan so not bad for the new venue.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

16. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well that lan has to be one of the worst, such poor management and lack of pre- planning.

17. Bankys2k

Bankys2k What's a Dremel?

Was also my first i-series. Wasn't so bad but lacked stands if you ask me and the food was not great either. Good job we had JustEat :D. Overall was quite fun.

Deadbolt log in to steam laters?

18. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Biggest amount of stands that they have had for years, event management have no idea how to deal with a lan, did their useual of high prices to get as much money as possible.

19. Bankys2k

Bankys2k What's a Dremel?

Really? Christ. I was lucky then :p
    Yeah i hated the prices and the choice of foods and drinks.
    Ill defo go again for the gaming side of things and just to have some fun

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

First time at a new venue there is always proablems, though more at this one, next lan should be better but its the winter lan and is a true test of a venue as its the smallest lan out of the lot. More gaming/social focus as exhibitours need about 2000+ people to really start to show up.