1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Need new RAM

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by deadstoned, 5 Aug 2011.

1. deadstoned

deadstoned What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, I've been having some problems with my RAM.

A few weeks ago 1 stick of my old Corsair RAM died and I had to RMA 2 sticks to get a refund(they had no replacements). This left me with just 2GB and my search to find replacement of this model was very costly. So I Ebayed the last 2GB and bought some new RAM. Since then I've been getting BSOD and computer freezes, which are all probably RAM related.

I'm going to send my current RAM back and get some more, anyone have an idea which RAM should be most compatible? Or is this RAM just faulty?

Motherboard: Asus Rampage Formula (Most certified RAM on the list isn't sold anymore)

Old RAM Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5D G (Worked fine not certified)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145043

New RAM Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5C G (BSOD and freezes not certified)
    http://www.ebuyer.com/166785-corsair-4gb-2x2gb-ddr2-800mhz-pc2-6400-xms2-memory-kit-cl5-1-8v-twin2x4096-6400c5c

I don't understand non-ECC and unbuffered RAM(well I know what they mean after googling, but I dont know which one is best), so please recommend whatever you guys think is most compatible :)

Cheers all!

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

In an Asus mobo I would always go for Gskill, doesn't matter what type, it just a good combo works so well.

4. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Gskill is pretty nice product to begin with, I think it's a good combo with pretty much anything :p

The old RAM was way faster.

5. deadstoned

deadstoned What's a Dremel?

So the next RAM I buy I should just look for some quicker stuff and maybe from Gskill then yeah?

6. Motoma

Motoma What's a Dremel?

G.Skill or Corsair, both are a fine option and ram is reasonably cheap these days.