1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Chocolate Temptation-Update 4 June - I have got Sick & Facebook Page!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KoSoVaR^, 23 Jun 2011.

1. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

Great bro, you are welcome to folow my project !

2. KiiYzOo

KiiYzOo What's a Dremel?

how's this coming along? :D
    you started on the psu yet, really want to see how the paracord sleeving turns out :D

3. KoSoVaR^

Hello!

I recently out for vocation in my homecountry kosova, i have the psu with me so that i can finish them sleeving when i have nothing to do or when im bored, i have a few photojobs right now and i dont know if a can finish it on a week or so, i have not the paracord yet because it was late during the shipment, but my cousin got my pacage yesterday and it will be sent today afternoon by buss, if you have further questions feel free too ask !

Greetings from kosova!

4. KiiYzOo

KiiYzOo What's a Dremel?

I'm was just wondering wheter you've done it yet, and how it turned out, but you haven't done it yet so that isn't much use :p
    is there stuff inside the paracord that you'd need to remove to sleeve the psu?

5. KoSoVaR^

Haha no i havent yet, but i will soon as i get my paracord on sunday :D!
    Yes there are 7 strains that have to be pulled out, but i will tell you more about that !

6. KiiYzOo

KiiYzOo What's a Dremel?

ok thanks m8 :D

7. KoSoVaR^

no problem dude !

8. KoSoVaR^

When was the last for a very long awaited update from Kosovo!
    I finally got my Paracord yesterday and I have started a little bit with Sleeving, PSU is almost done anyway, it looks like it's just two of the 4-pin ATX connectors and the 24pin ATX left:), it is damn was at night and the network is pretty tough when there are 6-7 computers on 0.5mbit -.-, for those of you who do not know how to sleeve with Paracord, let me just say that it comes up a Paracord-Sleeving guide on Sweclockers soon:)!

the first thing I did was I started with my sata to molex cable loop ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I have cut away the extra touch that I do not need

[​IMG]

They will be soldered like this!

[​IMG]

Time to solder !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then, the loop is finished, time to start Sleeving, but first ... cut the original sleeve!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will begin with 6pin cables ... this is what I had in mind ... but I changed my mind later!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My package from knivbutik.se....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Paracord 550...colordifferences

[​IMG]

This Paracord contains seven pieces of threads that are interwoven in sets consisting of the 3 other threads ...

[​IMG]
    test sleeve a little and it went well :)... however, so I did not know if I would run with or without heat shrink :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I prepared more paracord pieces, as you can see I have taped as well marked on the tape where I'm going to cut ... this to Paracord not fry it very much to do, remove the wires and burn the edges of paracorde with the tape on, when you done this you can remove the tape without any problems:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was for braids for a while ... but it will do it on another project :), I want this to have a nice flow through the whole thing:)

[​IMG]

I sleeved the 2x 6pin cables and my SATA molex cable!

[​IMG]

the 6pins will sit like this into the graphic card...it will look totaly awsome !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]'

[​IMG]

It was this update, sorry for those poor pictures, only had access to a digital camera in low light and the images were not very good ...

Last edited: 7 Aug 2011
  9. KiiYzOo

KiiYzOo What's a Dremel?

nice one m8 :D
    did you need to use any heatshrink?

10. LazyMan

LazyMan What's a Dremel?

Nice job...looks good even though I am not a fan of Paracord., looks to thick and bulky for my taste. But I guess if your on a budget then it will get the job done.

11. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

i like it, looks cool. Dont see the cables through the sleve

12. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

This looks very, very good.
    I'm looking SO much forward to that paracord sleeving guide - I really hope that you'll post it here aswell, and not just on Sweclockers. Not that I don't understand swedish - I do, quite a lot. But I think that many more will benefit from it, if you post it on Bit-tech, too.

13. KoSoVaR^

Nope, no heatshrink at all ;) i crimped it with the cable :p

thank you :), ehhm regular sleeve is about 5mm in OD, this paracord is 3.5mm in OD, i have also stretched it so it it even less thicker ;), I aint on a budget...i wanted to try something new....and i like it :p, need money for the hardware :p, have to make some more sleevejobs xD

Nice ! yes it does! , nope there is no chanse !

Haha you do ?? I actually will do, i hope that a admin here can post it upp here so it always in on the top :p, hehe i know ;), yeah yeah i thought so too actually :), more popularity for me wiiihooo ! ;)

14. KoSoVaR^

Teaser for tomorows uppdate..... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think this is for ??? i can give you a clue "16A"

[​IMG]

15. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I've never seen anyone use paracord before for sleeving. I really like the look. Make sure you post a link to your guide on using this stuff as I'd like to see how its done.

16. KoSoVaR^

you havn't?? As i always say...i like to do unique mods in my projects ;), i love to test new things and it looks so great! I will do voigts ! dont forget to subscribe !

17. LazyMan

LazyMan What's a Dremel?

I see.....The sleeving I use is 2.68mm OD (1/8" OD) I will be posting some pics and making a video. You craftsmanship and quality of work are excellent, just not wild about Paracord.......nothing personal

18. KoSoVaR^

ahaa i see... now whait xD... i meant if you measure the sleeve from one end to the other it is 3.5-3.6mm not from the middle of the point and out :p thats the radius isnt it ??
    thank you ;) i can do many things with paracord ;)

19. LazyMan

LazyMan What's a Dremel?

I measured from outside to outside...OD...here are a couple pics. i don't know how to attach pistures here so here is a link
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1479486043742&set=oa.267206369962487&type=1&theater

20. KoSoVaR^