1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education PayPal Verify

Discussion in 'General' started by Canon, 26 Jul 2011.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

Right ok, I need to re verify paypal with my bank for some odd reason, eBay requested that I do it to continue my shop.

Pretty simple process, paypal leaves the two small deposits in your bank, you check them, enter them, and done. WRONG. The other part that was requested I complete was to set up a direct debit with PayPal (I already had this) and now I can NOT check my statement for the two small deposits because any money in or out from PayPal is being filed under 'PayPal - Direct Debit - Amounts Vary'

And when I called up my bank to request paper statements ( I am paperless atm) they told me I failed the security questions...i.e my date of birth so I can not have a statement....

:eyebrow: :wallbash: :grr:

2. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

I had this a few months back, tried the verify process, charging the £1 bit and failed. Called Paypal, it was an error at their end and they verified and lifted the limits over the phone.

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

Never considered phoning up PayPal themselves, will give this a try. If I remember rightly, this actually used to be an alternative to the deposits? I have been verified before, I'm still a little dumbfounded as to why they asked me to verify again. It's put me severely out of pocket :sigh:

4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I've experienced and heard from others that the best way to get things done with Paypal is to give them a ring.
    Very odd for this type of company.

5. Gryphon

Gryphon What's a Dremel?

My experience with paypal is that you have to phone them to get anything done.

According to the internet they have an 0800 number, instead of their 5p per min one (if your UK based). The one I've found is 0800 3587929. I don't know if its legit, but there have been no complaints about it on the forum where it was posted

6. sompo

sompo What's a Dremel?

i think yo have to deal with your bank directly......dont be hesitate to met with the bank person in charge..this tips more effective then just phone or call.