1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Rage Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 8 Aug 2011.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I think I'm looking forward to this more than BF3.

3. Bede

Bede Minimodder

If only they had made this before Borderlands and Fallout 3, I'm a litle tired of post-apocalyptic wastelands :( I'm sure it will be great though.

4. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

6 years in the making really put some of Rage out of date. I am a lot more excited about this than I was before all you journos got your 3 hour hands on however.

5. bob_lewis

bob_lewis Lurker extraordinaire

I seem to recall Mr Carmack having stated several times that Rage is indeed "id Software's most technologically striking or ambitious game to date". Are you sure you didn't play it on one of them toy boxes?

I'm having high hopes for this. Looks great, if it does indeed scale properly to our expensive, elitist PCs. A bit hard to tell from all the crappy gameplay 720p vids running on the 360 toy.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm glad it plays better than it looks.

I'll wait until it comes out, though, and a review.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I wasn't convinced of this before I saw the preview, but 3-4 hours of play and still barely touched the plot? Like it!

8. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

9. Roskoken

Roskoken What's a Dremel?

id software are better than everyone else.

10. musicrab

musicrab What's a Dremel?

Carmack said the code is at ten times the bitrate and the firm plans to release it as patch on PC to “test the extra benefit.â€￾ He also admits that textures up close don’t look all that great in RAGE, so the team is considering a potential downloadable release of a “super quality packâ€￾ on PC.

11. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Ummm, no.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not even interested in this as it is yet another console port which is why I am only going to buy this year 3 games, and those are Battlefield 3 because it look's amazing and even the Alpha test was better than any other game out there, then I will be buying Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 simply because I want a game that I can run and gun on, and the 3rd and final game will be Need For Speed The Run, because I like those games.

I will try most games but this considering what ID have done even stating themselves that they should of spent more time on the pc version, just makes my mind up for me as it's just going to look worse than a game from 2 or 3 years ago.

13. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Ummmm, no. id software are the last of the dinosaurs. Take 10 years to create a game that's really not that special. Remember Doom 3? Scary as hell and boring to play through. It simply couldn't compete against Half Life 2 released earlier with it's vast outdoor locations. id tried to make Doom 3 more appealing by copying HL2's gravity gun but the game was still boring.

I have little expectations for Rage. We already have a number of post apocalyptic shooters and Rage is officially stated as having 3rd person vehicle driving which is enough to turn me away from the game right away (detest 3rd person). I hope the vehicle racing has option for first person but I'm not hopeful when the official blurb states "3rd person vehicle racing".

I have little hope for this game. Oh, and remember Quakewars enemy territory? It was supposed to be the game that beat Battlefield 2142 and when it came it was absolutely awful. id software made a big deal for several years about their graphics engine and when it finally emerged in the form of quackwars the graphics looked pretty ****.

John Carmack is better off developing his rocket engines because that is where his true talent lies (that's his real passion).

14. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

Looking good.
    I'll judge it when it comes out and I can get my hands on it.

And cut the dissing of ID and Carmack.
    Without them our gaming world would be a very different place.

15. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Me too, but this looks kick ass!

16. Dannythemusicman

Dannythemusicman What's a Dremel?

And the three games you mention are PC exclusives?

17. feathers

feathers Minimodder

IDwank. I miss the great days of Doom. Doom was a great game with vast hordes of monsters coming at you, various outdoor settings and it was very scary. I think everything since then has been downhill for ID.

18. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

The word "Think" Means his opinion.

This looks pretty sweet.....Dead Island, Skyrim and Battlefield 3, plus a ton of upgrades I have to do on the machine...

This year is going to eat my wallet..

19. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

+1

20. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Be thankful you aren't running an Eyefinity system!

Tags: Add Tags