1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Phone amazingly now works after a week of not touching it, am a happy man!

Props to infinity motorcycles though - clothing director phoned me to apologize, explained that most trousers have this issue and really I should have kept the phone inside a plastic bag or something, but rightly so, how would I have known to do that. He's gonna sort me out with a discount on my next purchase. Good guys :)

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds like decent CS right there! :D

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

^^ hey now I'm new to two wheels with a engine :p

Its a 125cc got my CBT next week :)

Honda PCX

Nice review here Link

4. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

My ER6-N.

Fisher. likes this.
  5. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

[​IMG]

Me like very much :)

6. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

+1 for the Arrow and ER6 combo! I've left the baffle in for now, but hearing yours... mighty sexy.

7. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Nice photo, shame about it being a scooter eh? :lol:

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Shame about it having a giant L on the front... :D

Kidding, I approve of the L plate system, it's so much cheaper to get a license in the UK than it is here. :thumb:

9. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

All kidding aside, that's a pretty nice price for something brand new with a motor in it. Also, without the $200+ I sunk into buying new bags for mine, you have substantially more storage than I did.

10. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

Roughly how much does it cost to get your license in Germany then?

11. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

[​IMG]

This is my work horse, bit more battered now but still going well

12. Xir

Xir Modder

125cc License about a thousand pounds average.
    Motorbike just a bit more.

13. aradreth

14. aradreth

Right chaps my Street Triple R got stolen :sigh: so could I get some recommendations on bikes to take for a test ride. Only requirements are that is fun, a usable powerband and not a full on sports bike.

15. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Aprilia Tuono would be what I would try in that situation :)
    I feel your pain with your bike being stolen, although mine wasn't totally stolen, just had the steering lock broken, wheeled down the road then dumped... on its side, breaking the brake lever, footpeg and indicator :(

16. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Triumph Sprint ST? My dad has one and he swears by it. Sounds pretty badass and goes like sh*t off a shovel too whilst being very practical.

17. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

so the shop that had the ride earlier this year FINALLY posted pics from it. they had had something like 400 bikes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

no crashes just one over heat.

[​IMG]

and on to the pictures we all want to see ME!!!
    im not giving the finger
    [​IMG]

im in the bottom right
    [​IMG]

and the tire throwing contest they had
    [​IMG]

but on to a more serous topic.
    on Monday the 22 of aug (this past Monday) 6 of us were out for a ride. and the guy leading the ride crashed.

from the paper
    my pictures from the seen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can see the skid mark from the bike in the first photo and in the second you can see the first responders just getting to him.

Justin was the only one of our group that had on full leather. he had a 1pc track leather, track boots, gauntlet gloves, and his helmet. and as of today (4 days later) he is still unconscious in the hospital. i can not even begin to imagine how much worse off he would have been how how bad one of the rest of us who were only waring denim would have been. the next day i ordered a pair of leather ridding pants that zip in to the bottom of my leather jacket. and from now on any "twisty" riding i will be doing will be in full gear.

the second thing we learned from the crash is that as riders we need to have some form of emergency contact info. something with your emergency contact phone # (who they call when you go down) any medication your on that they need to be aware of, and any allergies. when the first responders were asking for his info we were rather worthless.

so keep safe out on the bike and ride smart

boiled_elephant likes this.
  18. aradreth

The Tuono hadn't crossed my mind but I'll probably give it a spin however having no no claims bonus + under 25 might make the insurance far too expensive.

If I was going to do some serious touring I'd give the Sprint a nice hard look but for weekend blasts to places like Wales I not sure it is worth it.

I hope your friend recovers from the crash, can you comment on what caused it because we could all learn from it.

Also as well as leather trousers get some proper boots and a back protector.

19. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Sound advice, +rep.

Even in gear, I don't always feel good about cornering hard because of the amount of crap there is to slide into if I come off. No amount of gear will prepare you for a lamp post or a central divider - your friend was 'lucky' in that respect.

To put it more simply,

20. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

i was at the back of our line of 6 so when i rolled in to the corner he was already down and two of our guys were off their bikes looking for him in the weeds and corn. but contributing factors probably were speed, rider error, he may have caught a peg, and the bike it self. the bike was only 2 weeks old and some of the guys have been blaming the factory rubber on the bike. but its hard to say what the actual cause was. we had been riding for an hour and a half and hadn't had any issues. even tho the bike was new Justin had been riding for 3 years prior and was a sponsored amateur racer. we were not going any harder or faster than we have ridden before so its even harder to say what the cause was.

and yes proper boots are next on the list. my jacket and soon paints have CE certified back, shoulder, elbow, and knee protectors but i have been thinking about swapping out and up to a better back protector or doubling up on it with one of the under jacket / tracksuit ones.

having more gear and using it is never a bad thing. i had been planing to put a new head light on my bike and get rid of the busted up plastic mess it currently is but i put that on hold for more safety gear.

couldn't agree more. like i said i can't rule out speed as the cause but we were not racing and we weren't going any faster or harder than we had done many times before. but that doesn't make what we were doing any less risky or dangerous.

Last edited: 26 Aug 2011