1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays LG IPS231P-BN (which is a DELL U2311) Gaming video testing for ghosting Etc.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 19 May 2011.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

The new Dell U series will be the same tech as this monitor with WLED backlighting.
    Here's GoodBytes info on the forth coming Dell monitors. Clicky.
    You will more than likely find that the new Dell 2312 will use the same panel found in the LG, as LG supplies Dell with the panels.

Cheers,

Simon.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

SAS[TB] had 3 gtx580's. :p

i see Goodbyte isn't in this thread, might be worth PM him since he's Dell guru.

ninja'd by true_gamer :(

3. Pullen

Pullen What's a Dremel?

Thanks, can I also ask if you would measure the length from the top left hand corner of the left monitor to the top right hand corner of the right monitor (As in a straight line and not a curved line along all the monitors) as I have a 120cm long desk and I'm wondering if they'd fit, cheers :)

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

:eyebrow:

5. wyx087

nevermind. your post appeared after i posted my one.

Pullen asks you a favour: (his post isn't getting approved fast enough for the young padawan)

Also can ask if you would measure the length from the top left hand corner of the left monitor to the top right hand corner of the right monitor (As in a straight line and not a curved line along all the monitors) as I have a 120cm long desk and I'm wondering if they'd fit, cheers

6. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Oh, I'm with you now...lol. Anyway the answer to your question, with all the monitors in a straight line next to each other from the outside edge of the monitors is 64.5" or 164.4cm.

Cheers,

Simon.

7. wyx087

i think he's asking in a natural curved arrangement. not all in a straight line.

although monitors should be able to hang off the edge of desk.......

EDIT: yes my guess is correct. he PMed me on Aria the following message: (with ace mspaint skills :p )

how many posts needed on BT to stop require post approval? this messenger business is boring.......

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I have it set at 61" or 156cm in a curve on my triple stand. To fit all three monitors on a 120cm desk, you would have to have a sharp curve around you as the monitors on there own stands will be 130cm from base to base. Only option would be to buy a triple monitor stand like I have now.

9. Pullen

Pullen What's a Dremel?

Where would you get a triple monitor stand? Also if I did have a sharp curve, would it look naff in-game?

I've just done some maths (Trig Cheesecake). If I let the monitors go off the desk by 10cm each, the angle away from the middle screen would be 39.4 degrees, and if I let them have 15cm off the desk each, the angle away from the middle screen would be 30.3 degrees.

Cheers :).

10. Pullen

Pullen What's a Dremel?

I've ordered a LG monitor yesterday, should come today, I'm going to compare it with my 23.6" monitor which I have atm to see the difference in quality and get a good judgement of how much room is needed for 3 screens :).

11. Pullen

Pullen What's a Dremel?

Also when will I not have to be mod approved, waiting a day for it do be approved is getting a little annoying :p.

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Sorry for not getting back to you straight away.

Sharpe curved monitor setup will look all right, if you can get it setup right using bezel management. Best bet is to play around with it.

I got my triple stand off a member on here.

This is the same one I use, and I highly recommend it! £100 bargin!
    Novatech Clicky

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Simon.

13. Pullen

Pullen What's a Dremel?

Cheers, I bought on of the LG Panels to get a good idea of the room 3 screens require compared to my current 23.6" monitor, but unfortunately it's faulty, it's got lots of stuck blue pixels :/, in the hundreds.

Also how you would fit the monitors to that I don't know :p, is it easy? :)

Thanks