1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSONE LCD Mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 6 Jul 2004.

1. IaKoVl

IaKoVl What's a Dremel?

how do i make a 12V to 7.5V DC-DC converter to power the screen from my PSU?
    is there a guide on this?

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Personally, I used a cigarette lighter adapter. One of those with an appropriately modded cigarette lighter end, and the appropriate fuse worked a treat. It was a butchered mess, but it worked.

3. ryan

ryan What's a Dremel?

drivers

ihave read through this whole post and it inspired me to look for one of these psone lcds.i found one completly modded along with matrox mystique and sony transformer and excellent quality modded leads + driver cd.my problem is i am running vista 32 and the disk has matrox mystique drivers for xp + 200 +98. i cant find any vista drivers and if i run the other drivers in compatabily mode the matrox card shows up in device manager as not working due to an ERROR 10.any body have any solutios to my problem as this is a great bit of kit which has been excellently modded and i would love to get it going.if i just use the matrox card with the lcd the screen works slightly with lines moving down the screen as some people have described before setting it up with powerstrip. i also have a gforce gtx275 for my main display

any help would be much appreciated

Ryan

4. knightyc

knightyc CPC refugee

im running a psone screen thru the svideo on my 9600gts running in Sli. Im using windows 7also works in vista. no need for a 2nd card or powerstrip. the newer nvidia drivers allow to run 2 screens in Sli and all i have to do is go into the nvidia control panal set the region for the signal to uk and it works fine. no problems at all the colours do seem a bit bright and have to be lowered but since screen is only for temprature display all is good let me know if u need any help

5. ryan

ryan What's a Dremel?

i am trying to run the screen through the dvi>vga connection as all the leads were provided.
    my gtx 275 ports are all used 1 dvi >main monitor
    1 dvi>vga>projector
    s video>tv
    i was hoping to use the matrox for the psone lcd .i have tried hot swoping a crt monitor to psone lcd on my dvi>vga port but the nvidia control panel will only see the crt monitor and the psone does not appear when it is swapped..i have two 7600 gt cards spare could i install one of these along side my gtx275 without any major conflicts as i could use the extra ports and it would be a bit stupid to buy another gtx275 for just the psone lcd.my motherboard is the asus striker 2 formula and i am also running vista and windows 7.
    any solutions to my problem would be greatly appreciated

6. newflesh

newflesh What's a Dremel?

I was looking at doing this but seems a lot of work for something i don`t really need.i was looking for something that takes a video signal for a media centre ie scart,red a/v plug.that sort of thing.i`ve got a knackered portable dvd player that the power connecter is goosed,is there a way to get this to work to do the same as the psone screen?i kept the screen and the motherboard of the dvd player.

regards
    Newflesh

7. Goethe

Goethe What's a Dremel?

After reading through (most of) this whole post, I decide same thing, except I'm buying the Car Charger made specifically to this screen, than I'm gonna mod it to work with my computer psu, which at least in theory, doesn't look that difficult.

Also, anyone know if there is any driver that works in Windows 7 x64 for the Matrox Mystique? I managed to get it back working after a few years collecting dust, but in My Radeon 6870, I'd like to know if anyone have a driver that works with the Mystique.

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
  8. Goethe

Goethe What's a Dremel?

** DOUBLE POST **

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
Tags: Add Tags