1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Hetzer, with everything maxed apart from the Radio. Leopard, which has the 5CM gun and nought else, and the Wespe, which I've completely maxed, Radio, Gun, the works.

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I just got started on the american tree because my friend started playing. The t2 american light tank is great fun.

Also is there any way of gifting some gold to a friend?

3. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

There is an option if you right click on their name, but its greyed out so not enabled yet.

More importantly, has everyone seen all the lovely prezzies we get due to WoT being released in Russia one year ago?

http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/general_news/tanks-hit-1st-anniversary

4. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Already got my 5x experience on most tanks. I haven't looked at the rest of the pressies but I did notice someone already had an E-100 today.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

E-100's have been about since the update due to wallet warriors spunking all their free XP.

Some interesting bits and pieces on there, I'll have to remember to get out there in all tanks this weekend. :D

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I was just thinking, we should so make a bit-tech/bit-gamer clan and do ultimate conquest...

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

So, now that I have my IS I have found that you cant make money with higher tier tanks. I made more money with my KV than the KV3 and the IS loses money at times...

WTF?

8. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Inventory update

Mine are now as follows -

Medium tanks -

• Matilda (T5),
    • PzIV (T5)
    • VK 3001 (H) (T6)
    • VK 3601 (H) (T6)
    • T34-85 (T6)
    • Panther (T7)
    Heavy tank - Lowe (T8)

With the exception of the T34-85 and my newest addition the Panther all are all Elite so great free xp generators :thumb:

Note - Yes I do play this game far to much lol

9. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

On the basis of pics or it didn't happen...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It so did :D ;)

10. Xye

Xye What's a Dremel?

so thats what premium looks like.... I was expecting something more :p

11. sp4nky

Well done to you. I just had a decent round in my new IS (stock except for tracks and 100mm gun)
    [​IMG]

12. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Very nice :thumb:

That Panther is something else though it really is, I went toe to toe with an IS at a range of around 100 metres and tore it apart in 3 shots, he got off 2 which both bounced off the front armour and his was fully modded up ;)

13. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Just got a KV.
    So slow that in the first match the nearly completely unopposed bulk of the team rushed down one side and capped before I even caught up.

14. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Ouch? :eek:

I've not managed the same degree of XP you guys have with the 5x multiplier but 2k with my lowly T57 was verra niice :)

I spent the afternoon showing my 14 year old nephew the basics of the game with tier 2 arty and a loltraktor - anything to get him off the console fragathons and on to something that stresses teamwork and strategy over individual kill count. Getting a Confederate award with the arty definitely helped the case, as did the XP total after our side won the match :D He was planning on installing the game tonight and I expect we'll have a couple or few family platoon nights in the future.

I've also been trying out the game with Eyefinity - it works a treat at 5,040 x 1,050 res but I do have to turn the detail down to maintain a frame rate higher than 40 FPS and edit the preferences.xml file to set the aspect ratio to 24/5. The ultra wide bit is beautiful for artillery though :D
    [​IMG]

The only issue I have is where the minimap is at the far edge of the right hand screen and I haven't found the XML file that holds the coordinates for it yet, if it's even still there as all posts I could find for this on the WoT forum are from before the map was flash based.

15. Toxic_Lemon

Toxic_Lemon What's a Dremel?

Thanks to you guys i downloaded this game and have strated playing it , very fun game. But i was looking at premium and wass wondering what type of money i should look at spending :avg: or do i need to for that matter i`m not quite sure.

16. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Well its a grind game. Money spent reduce the time mainly through "premium" which increase XP/credit gains by 50% or through the wallet busting free xp system of course.
    There also some very expensive combat boosting consumable but don't have give more than a10% boost to combat effectiveness and are so expensive that I assume there only used in competitive games.

Last edited: 14 Aug 2011
  17. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

^What he said.

I went to premium as I'm going down so many different paths at once that any additional XP and money is welcome (SPGs on all three, German TDs, Russian lights and American mediums so far). If I hadn't been quite so addicted to trying absolutely everything then I'd probably still be playing on a free account.

18. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

GARAGE UPDATE!

Got my E-75! Only thing i need to upgrade on it is the 50K xp engine lol... Got everything else:D 12.5 cm gun, tracks, etc, etc, etc.

So far quite liking this tank! Had to sell my VK4502 to get it though :/
    Next goal: Scrape together LOADS of credits and buy:
    Tiger
    VK4502

I like having them in my garage:p So far the garage looks like this:
    Green is fully upgraded, * is elite :)

KV
    KV-3
    T20

*PzKpfw V-IV
    *Tiger II
    *Löwe

E-75
    *Maus

But it still looks empty:( I want the VK back... money money money

19. sp4nky

... and we're back to normal double xp for the first win (per tank) of the day.

I'm mostly rolling in my (T7) IS now, which still need engine + D-25T gun.
    Fully upgraded: (T6) T-34-85 and (T5) KV
    Almost fully: (T6) M4A3E8 (need engine)

20. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I've managed to get the research for my t34-85 but my slightly pissed purchase of cammo nets and binoculars meant that I don't have any cash left to get it.

But my stugg sniper kills from crazy distances and my leopard is like a sneeky sneeker.