1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Serious Sam 3: BFE Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 18 Aug 2011.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Is John J Dick back?

3. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

In the first screenshot on the second page it's in third person. Is this just a cutscene or something? Or is it actually possible to play in 3rd person now?

4. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Why would they take it in that direction? If there was one shooter series that wasn't afraid to just be fun it was Serious Sam. Guess I'll be looking at Saints Row the Third for utter ridiculous fun this year.

5. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Once again I'm asked to watch an ad, so I can watch an ad.

No, bit-tech. Naughty bit-tech.

6. boo3a

boo3a What's a Dremel?

i dont know whether its a cutscene or not, but i think there was already a 3rd person shooter option in the first two

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Serious sam is a crazy crazy fast paced FPS training game :D love it & I really agree it's a heck of an endurance test of a game :D:rock: whenever I'm getting rusty on FPS games I just fire that game up, let it fry my mind & then my FPS skills are polished :hehe:.
    Graphics look greatly enhanced from the previous ones which is very welcome, look forward to playing this :).

Doesn't bother me much as long as it's more revenue for bit-tech I'd rather it be like that than for things to go down hill from a lack of funds.

8. VaLkyR-Assassin

VaLkyR-Assassin Minimodder

It's official: Serious Sam is not actually Serious. It sounds like they've taken all the fun and silly elements completely away and with that, they've ripped it's soul away too. I don;t want some muddy brown/grey graphics, I want colour. I don't want enemies out of Doom3, I want goofy enemies. I want all the silly music and funny cutscenes. But no, they;ve gone and catered for the 1337 people and made it all serious. They've stuffed the ones who enjoyed it because of it's comedy elements. For that reason, I will not buy it, as this to me, is not a Serious Sam game. It's just a random horde of enemies that you see in any shooter.

9. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Agree, bring on Saints Row 3 for more mentalness

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm sad now. I loved serious sam for being the most fast paced shooters and most frenetic but fun games.

Now, it's all muddy and gritty. I liked the insane and sprawling madness.. DAMN YOU MODERN GAMING!!

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I always looked at Serious Sam as the comedy version of Duke Nukem. Im not sure about this third one but ehh only time will tell

12. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

The thing I liked about the old serious sam was getting a bunch of friends online or at LAN and playing through the game with 1000's of enemies running at you. It was so much fun, I hope this co-op has more than 2 players(do you know how many people btw?)
    the trailer still looks semi-fun so i may buy it.

Tags: Add Tags