1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other SIM card for EU

Discussion in 'General' started by Highland3r, 22 Aug 2011.

1. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Lo

Bit of a random (and somewhat sad/geeky question) but off to Menorca at end of Sept. The villa we're staying at doesn't have net access which is a shame. We found it handy last year in Malta to keep a check on news, emails, taunt people of facebook etc.

Does anyone know of any good PAYG packages which would get us 500mb - 1GB data for a week while we're away? Can you get PAYG sims for spanish(?) providers in the UK which can be used abroad?

I refuse to pay the 50 quid "fine" o2 offer to get 50mb of data while aboard.

TIA!

2. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

Don't know about getting them from a UK retailer, I used http://www.spainsim.com/voda3gSIM.htm to get a spanish simcard for use with data in Spain, had no problems with them at all, way way cheaper than the silly amount vodafone charged me for data use when I used my HTC as a 3G modem in Spain. They'll ship to the UK as well.

Last edited: 22 Aug 2011
    Highland3r likes this.
  3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Not sure if its suitable but have a look at Meteor

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I used orange last time I visited Spain. It was 20€ for the sim, which charged a 3€ per day used for 'unlimited' data service against the 20€ credit on the prepaid card. If you use up the 20€ you can top it off again. I had good service, but was mostly in and around Barcelona, Madrid and Sevilla. Not sure what the coverage would be like on the Balearics.
    It's nice to be connected, but it's also a lot nicer not to be. Going tech free on holiday can be a really nice change too.

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Looks ideal! 25 euros for a week isn't to OTT either - even if the 3G signal in Menorca is a bit ropey!

@lysol - Yup, agreed. Some tech is essential though imo ;)
    Phones etc won't leave the apartment (unless we're splitting up and need to keep in contact) but it's nice to have the ability to download books for e-readers, check news, weather, local attractions etc.