1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Dell Inspiron 1501 Battery problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XiXiS, 25 Aug 2011.

1. XiXiS

XiXiS What's a Dremel?

Hello,

My computer is Dell Inspiron 1501.

I have problem with battery. My battery has three different pieces which are necessary to work properly as battery and charge the computer.

In computer shows that battery is not charging properly and it stays at 3% power and never raise up. If I take off the battery, computer shuts down in 2 seconds. After that, in one screen (but not in monitor), where shows if computer is charging, lights up and now it shows it is charging. After 1 minute it stops and still stays at 3% power.

Who didn't understand..:

Computer Power (current): 3%. Baterry is plugged.

If:

Battery is removed from computer charging, then: computer shuts down immediately.

If computer shuts down immediately:

then it won't start till I plug battery into computer again.

If:

Battery is plugged into computer after shutting down, then: charging a computer for a while and then stops (at 3%).
    ---
    If:

Computer status while "charging" and computer is working: button (which shows when battery is charging the computer) does not light up.

Computer status while "charging" and computer is shutted down: button lit up for 1 minute.

Main question:

Who is fault: charger; it's components; battery; system (?!); something else?

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Just contact Dell, and pass it under warranty.. and push so that they change the motherboard and the battery, and you'll be set (note: battery only has a 1 year warranty on it)

If your laptop is out of warranty, then we come to a bigger problem.

To me, it sounds like you drained the battery at 0 or your battery is very old .
    Note: whether you use it or not, Lithium based battery ages as you soon as they are produced. Leaving the battery at 100% all the time, and heat accelerates the aging process.

In addition, if you let the battery drain at 0%, then that breaks the battery and can no longer recharge properly or at all.

3. XiXiS

XiXiS What's a Dremel?

But my battery is about only 8 months since I have it... Forgot to add that this battery is wroking great for other devices. And it is a Dell company for LT (Lithuania)? Then I could.