1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Deus Ex Human Revolution: Freezing & Crashing

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Adnoctum, 24 Aug 2011.

1. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

ITS HERE IN THE UK NOW :D !!

2. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

except apparently my preload has defragmentation.. still waiting to play :wallbash:

3. Wira

Wira Spoderman

exactly the same here, only took like 2 min, to undo

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I just hit preload this morning and there's a patch out to fix EXACTLY the issues you described, Adnoctum. Check the release notes. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Aug 2011
  5. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

So my preload is fragmented..........

[​IMG]

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

had the same issue, disabled SLI and ran with one card, 6 hours later and all is good so far.

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

how about the game ? Do you guys like it ?

8. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

so we all had this problem lol. well i call it a problem. steam more or less handled it for me, took 5mins :)

@knuck yeah it seems really good so far, however i only played 15mins before i went to bed full judgement to come later! :)

9. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

love the music too! really good!

10. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

not in my case :sigh: Had to delete and am currently redownloading. WHen trying to launch it hung at 64% unlocking...

11. Shabing

Shabing What's a Dremel?

I had fragmentation of something around 10 billion percent when I tried to install it this morning. Made me chuckle a little.

12. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Daaaaamn I'm waiting for the postman :( Normally he's here by 10:30...

Edit 1pm: Yes, it has arrived!

Last edited: 26 Aug 2011
  13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i played 6 hours of it lastnight, oh man its good.

getting into the police station by smooth talking my way through the front door felt awesome, the next hour i spent carefully hacking my way around without being spotted and raiding the armoury, tense moments in a building full of cops.

14. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Loving it and I've barely started. The cover system is a bit counter-intuitive but I'll get there in the end - I even like Jensen.

15. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Hokay. Stealth gets almost annoyingly hard later in the game, Then suddenly it seems to get easier again.

Anyone else agree that the boss battles are really, really really annoying, however? One of them survived Twelve, TWELVE sniper-rifle rounds, seven of which hit 'em in the head.

Looking back, however, I do believe i've broken the achievements, as apparently I've unlocked about 60% of them all at the exact same time 12:10, 16/08. Oops.

16. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I am quite stuck atm, I took the day off to play this, spoilers below.

I am rolling through the montreal news station ambush thinger, tried stealth. Didn't work. So I am gassing, neck shooting and stun luring my way through and I keep getting frustrated.
    Saying that I should probably take a break as its absolutely fantastic.

Also can you
    bang the chopper pilot?

17. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

That section is a pain in the ass. It frustrated me to the point where I broke my no-killing rule and started shotgunning.

On the whole I stuck to it to the end of the game, though (Yes. I've reached the end of the game.)

Also, as to the second thing; I don't -think- so. I haven't found a way, at least.

18. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Nice and small too, just 13MB. Not like TF2 where GBs have to be re-downloaded every time Valve adds a bloody hat (<- slight exageration, but almost not).

Hopefully it makes things better, especially load times. After I had read each game tip over 9000 times each, I had a novel open on my desk and I would read a page by the orange-y glow of my monitor. Thankfully it is a 24in monitor so there was adequate lighting.

I didn't have any fragmentation issues, so I was fortunate there. That seems a Steam QoS issue rather than a game one, and by the timing of the comments I would speculate and say that it could be happening to those who are pre-loading/downloading after the US launch and the content servers are being heavily utilised. I also wonder what happens to those who are downloading a game image and Steam puts out an updated one? That could conceivably cause game data fragmentation as well.

I see many are racing away at the game. I'm taking my time, both in-game and IRL. I want to feel like I got my money's worth and drag the experience out a bit.
    I lost 4kg playing Fallout 3 by missing meals and dilligently going out for a short run or brisk walk to shake out my Old Man Joints, which came bundled with my pre-ordered copy of Graying Hair: An Air of Mature Distinction. I'm pleased I didn't cheap out and chose the basic Graying Hair: Accountant Edition which also lumps you with Premature Balding and a discount coupon on Beer Gut.

19. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

mine stuck at 64% for a long while too as well! however it continued and finished

20. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Not mine. Some level loading times are slightly reduced, but others are LONGER!
    * Not enough juice? It is a 3.7GHz OCed quad.
    * Not enough RAM? 4GB isn't fully used as is.
    * Not enough vid RAM? 2GB on a HD6950.
    * Storage not fast enough? 160GB Intel X25M SSD.
    I'm not sure what kind of machine I'd need to see an improvement.

Just a minute ago I opened a sliding door to find the environment hadn't rendered past the door and because I was so close to the edge the game crashed. Normally I've found that if you are a bit further away you can go into the game menu, save and by the time you get back the missing part has been rendered (going into the game menu and then resuming isn't enough).

Tags: