1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Deus Ex: Human Revolution Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Aug 2011.

1. jcb121

jcb121 What's a Dremel?

I CAN'T STAND THE AUTO RELOAD!!!!! IT GETS ME KILLED ALL THE BLOODY TIME!!!! BROKEN GAME :)

2. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Anyone else dying every 15 seconds? No? Just me? ...Oh

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Just switch weapons?

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

so much fail its actually amusing.

5. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

awesome game :)

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I'm really enjoying it so far - it's an evolution on the first game and that's a very good thing.

I'm onto about mission 4 and have already dumped about seven hours into it. Although that does include restarting the entire game after mission one because I didn't like the way it turned out first time. :)

7. r8bwp

r8bwp What's a Dremel?

just completed it this morning, thought was a great experience, never used stealth once, shot every enemy! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Now to get some sleep!!

8. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

A good game so far, although the graphics can be pretty terrible at times.

9. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Just finished the game and without going into too much detail. I just don't understand. the decent reviews.
    This is nothing but overhyped average game at best.

10. feathers

feathers Minimodder

It looks like the game is getting some pretty negative feedback from people across various forums. It does look a bit crappy as far as I'm concerned. Console graphics and the game play looks tedious.

Perhaps a touch of duke nukem syndrome again. People waiting so long for a sequel and when it actually comes they're in denial about the game. Some people force themselves or kid themselves a game is good because they don't want to accept the truth.

Last edited: 29 Aug 2011
  11. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

the cut scenes where the cgi video kicks in look console.. only seen a few things like street flyers that you can really tell.. gameplay is good though

it's those nvidia forums feathers :p those guys are never the sharpest tools in the shed

took some pics last night.. you can see the game has a painterly look to it- the bad textures come with the street flyers and ground trash.. taken with fraps

have to admit though.. the cops look pretty ridiculous and all the same- but that's about it.. like they don't fit into the scenery

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Have you even played this? Or have you just jumped straight to accusing people of being in denial before you've even tried it yourself?

Fwiw, none of what you said about the game is true. I'm one of the few people in the entire world who didn't like the original Deus Ex, and isn't even that big of a fan of this game either. But I can safely say it looks very good graphically if your PC is good enough, better than what a PS3 and Xbox360 could do put together. As for the gameplay it's either a shoot em up or a sneaker, or a mixture of both. Not the most original gameplay ever, but it's hardly tedious.

13. jcb121

jcb121 What's a Dremel?

I completed it tonight and I thought it was excellent!

The visuals reminded me of arkham asylum and the game play a mix of mass effect 2 and splinter cell.

It wasn't very long though, I wish they would expand on this world with DLC or an expansion pack :)

14. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

It wasnt terrible but it was obvious to anyone how much little effort they put into nost NPC's rather than some of the main characters. And most of the textures were quite noticably low res.

15. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

I have to say that the graphics were a significant disappoint for me, and at first it hindered my immersion into the game world. However, I've since got over it, and got on with the game, and I'm really enjoying it.
    I still think you need to put some effort into it though, like hacking into as many rooms as possible and reading all the books and emails etc, which is how I'm playing atm. This is how I get immersed into the game, and there have already been a few nice touches that linked with DE1, little homages if you will.

like some painkillers I found in a Versalife box, and an email from Joseph Manderley...

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Well personally I've been loving this game - not finished it off yet, but very impressed all-round.

Firstly the graphics - I think they're genuinely lovely, not the 100% most amazing we've ever seen, but very likeable, nicely detailed and not too taxing on hardware to make it stuttery when you up the fancy showy augs like the descent controller.

The plot has kept me totally riveted throughout, I don't care that some of the game has problems, and a few of the levels/buildings are a little poorly designed, it's mesmerising.

Overall a worthy successor to the original imo, and one which I will play through several times yet I'm sure.

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I agree with all of this. Been loving the game. Think I am nearing the end which is always a shame, but I've been taking my time and making the most of it.

Btw anyone else find the little hidden plushy doll type thing? Looked like a little lion.

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Also worthy of a mention - the music. Magnificent.

p.s. Has anyone found the vent in the first Singapore level impossible to get into? (The one in the side room right after you
    get out of that weird pod thingy
    ) Can't get into that ******* for love nor money.

19. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I'm just solving the o'malley case.. way at the beginning still

friend of mine said he missed collage today cause he was up playing it all night =E I dunno man.. once it gets that bad- might be time to put it down hehe he's a console guy though, so

20. specofdust

specofdust Banned

He probably just spent the entire night trying to get his analogue stick to point at the first enemy then :p

Agreed on the music Krikkit, although it's not used enough imo. There are too many parts of the game with no, or virtually no music in them. It's a shame, 'cos the original had cool and varied music all the way through. This has beautiful music, but really not often enough.

Echoing the sentiments on the graphics though. While at times it looks rather nice, that's mostly due to the artistic style used, not the actual graphics quality, which ranges from relatively OK by modern standards, to horrific by 2004 standards.

Tags: Add Tags