1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Royal-Fortune i7 Rig. puttsy

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by puttsy, 15 Aug 2011.

1. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

I smell attention whore...

The best way to say this, and the most clear is:

If you dont do what you do because you enjoy it, and am proud of it, dont do it. If you only post your work here to boost your e-peen, then this is not the place for you:)

This is a community, not a gallery. And judging by your website, I would say that you think a liiiiiitle to high of yourself:)

/goes off to check skelly mod

2. KiiYzOo

KiiYzOo What's a Dremel?

didn't think I'd get quite so many responses just from posting in this thread :p

3. benjjamin

benjjamin needs MORE POWER!

23 coments, poeple are interested now :D

4. O_Pucaro

O_Pucaro What's a Dremel?

X2 :rock:

5. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

X3 :thumb:

It's just like an artist who get's famous after his death! :lol:

6. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Wow! I've seen some project logs that really make my blood boil. You know what I mean, hot air threads or just endless photos of hardware, rows of connectors or a radiator from eleven different angles. But this one, haha, I cant hate it, it seems to have taken on a life of it's own and not a project in sight. :lol:

7. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

This post must never be deleted!

Maybe even make it a sticky? :lol:

8. Travel'Ed

Travel'Ed What's a Dremel?

Come on repost your work-log please :lol:

9. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Maybe this was the idea and we have all fallen into a trap?.

Once theres enough interest he may repost, if it was me, id get you all on here asking to see the log, then rickroll the lot of you....

Ha Ha.

10. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

+1

It's sounds like your punishing this community for not being amazed at your build log.
    I don't like being punished for something I have not done.

Plus, it's not like it's hard or taxing to put some pictures and leave them on this forum...

And now you got the attention you were seeking!

Come on man, put the pictures back!

Please?

11. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Yeah... It's actually more work to delete the damn thing! :lol:

12. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Your not missing out on anything:p

13. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

I had a quick look at the project log on the other forum and at the website, and I won't say anything since I have got nothing to show for myself, but I'll just say "credit where credit's due".

As far as the lack of interest is concerned, I think some of the great mods in here don't get enough rep/comments/interest, and still, all the very talented bit-tech modders seem to be very humble and relaxed about it...

I don't really want to go to another forum to see your mod, please put it back in here.

14. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

He has been online.

Last night to be precise.

I hope he finds this thread again and sees the shame he has brought upon himself ^.^

15. puttsy

puttsy What's a Dremel?

It's back guys. I also had problems with the images used here...I tried using other than Flickr so my pics went down and I used it as an excuse to dump this all together...bad call. Sorry. It was not my intent to disappoint you all or tarnish my name as a begin a journey on this forum.

Enjoy! I'll try and check in periodically.

16. puttsy

puttsy What's a Dremel?

[Wiped to keep the content clean! And to remove unnecessary garbage]

Last edited: 15 Sep 2011
  17. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

aurora is trademarked in NZ as a company name+etc related to pc modding/electronics chassis design but you dont see me chasing the other aurora mod on here for royalty

18. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

Agreed and you should look at the use of Common Use and Fair Use. They tend to come in play when attempting to seize and dispute loosely established TM. Since you have not a trace of history or record of TM in TESS it should be easy for someone to establish a brand over you.

(at least in regards to US IP... UK IP is much more complicated... I'm not even sure with AUS IP)

19. puttsy

puttsy What's a Dremel?

I'm not actively attempting to file lawsuits or such for use of "puttsy". It is trademarked as a name. As you mention, it is complicated however, trademarking names come in various capacities. It becomes very specific as to the use of the trademark, what is contained under the trademark etc.... Mine is simply a name constitution others trying to use the name in the SAME capacity are in violation. There are, however, paragraphs of fine print and stipulations of what is infringement and what is not infringement.

Also, as for Mr. Paypal button, If you read through the description, bit-tech is NOT listed on there. I am not active on helping within the bit-tech community because simply, there are many, MANY very skilled people on here and very few (considering) newbies who can't fiqure stuff out. I frequent the "Tom's" sites to help the baffeled and bewildered first time builders who are just getting their feet wet. We we all at that point, some of us fiqured it out on our own, other people needed help to figure it out.

My primary occupation is in Information systems working on enterprise class servers. There are loads of SMB that have fly-by-night IT guy that doesn't know how to work with servers. Enterprise class servers are a totally different beast than consumer desktops. (What most all of us build around here) Due to the fact I learned hard and fast how the enterprise IS indutry works, I try and help others avoid such hassles. It can be VERY daunting to receive a handful of Cisco network gear...switches, routers, firewalls, and get told it needs to be setup within the week. For the many non cisco certified IT guys, it is nearly impossible. Add to that a server that acts nothing like your desktop computer. That is the stuff I work on daily. I am not trying to flaunt my knowledge, I have loads to learn, as we all do, I am stating that yes, in fact, it is worthwhile to understand what ohers do and why it truly is a scarce resource on the net. There are few resources for those in need of personal advice on such complex gear. And yes, I receive regular donations for my assistance to other IT/IS professionals.

And taking shots at someone elses work unrelated to the topic at hand is just low and uncalled for. I can take it, no sweiat but, my website and the content thereof has nothing to do with this worklog/topic. Yes, f'd by removing the worklog when my photohost went down instead of just moving the images, so goes it but, you don't know my story or qualifications. Just as I don't know yours thus I won't attempt to stomp on you, I'll let it slide but consider your actions for future rants-and-raves.

Back to stuff pertaining to this worklog, not hijacked rudeness...Lets hear some comments about this build.

20. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Well. So far there is not really anything to comment on. All you have done is to put some hardware into a case.

Please read the rules for worklogs on the forum. It is generally a good thing to do when signing up on a new site:)
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=113985

With all the fuzz your making about this, I am expecting you to blow me away:)